+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Currently Offline Founder
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I haven't seen any crashes, but then I'm not running games or doing anything very demanding so far. I didn't test the original firmware at all, I updated it first thing.

I don't see any difference in touchscreeen behavior with vs. without the charger.
    I have a clean upgrade but the device is crashing constantly, sometimes i need to reset the device 5 times before i can boot.
    It happens randomly so im guessing it is software related and not to much hardware.
    Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Currently Offline Beta *
    I rooted, then used Titanium to freeze or uninstall a number of programs, the Chinese-language apps of course but also unnecessary things like "SIM Manager". I don't know if any of these software changes may have helped. I also have Adaway running, so no ads being downloaded. No other changes to running software. BT is off.

Stupid question: how did you reset the device? I can't find the reset button although there is a very tiny unmarked hole.

I don't see any difference in touchscreeen behavior with vs. without the charger.
    That's good, thanks.

T

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    My Tablets (current): Pipo Max M3, Google Nexus 7
    Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Pipo Mix M2, Pipo Max M1, Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

Coins
    I rooted, then used Titanium to freeze or uninstall a number of programs, the Chinese-language apps of course but also unnecessary things like "SIM Manager". I don't know if any of these software changes may have helped. I also have Adaway running, so no ads being downloaded. No other changes to running software. BT is off.

Stupid question: how did you reset the device? I can't find the reset button although there is a very tiny unmarked hole.
    My device will crash just after i press the power on button or sometimes 1-3 seconds after, so it has nothing to do with any of the apps.

To reset the N90II, press and hold power for 3-5 seconds.

Rooting was quick and easy with SuperOneClick.
    How did you go about rooting with SuperOneClick?? The USB drivers that comes with the upgrade tool wont work and the SuperOneClick apps will crash.
    Last edited by andropos; 05-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Currently Offline Beta *
    Quote Originally Posted by andropos View Post
    My device will crash just after i press the power on button or sometimes 1-3 seconds after, so it has nothing to do with any of the apps.
    I have now used my tablet a lot more; no crashes so far. I have no explanation.

To reset the N90II, press and hold power for 3-5 seconds.
    OK, thanks!

How did you go about rooting with SuperOneClick?? The USB drivers that comes with the upgrade tool wont work and the SuperOneClick apps will crash.
    I used the instructions here:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Cube U9GT2/Window N90/Visture V2/Easypad 970] Guides & Tips
    Nothing worked on my 64-it Win7 laptop, but I used a 32bit Win7 desktop and it worked fine. SuperOneClick was a little flaky, the first time it said "Your phone is already rooted" but I did it again after a while and it worked.

There are 3 different drivers for

(a) firmware upgrade (hold + and power keys down while plugging in the USB cable)
    (b) mass storage (USB debugging off)
    (c) ADB interface, for rooting (USB debugging on)

Windows already has the drivers for (b), but (a) is not the same drivers as (c). The link explains everything, and if you go to the whole thread, there's more how-tos.

Coins
    About the crashing i think i may have a faulty unit.

Tried to point to all possible drivers to get the ADB working but it just wont work.

I have successfully installed drivers for the upgrade tool (a), and mass storage (b) but my XP PC wont take any of the driver for ADB.

When using SuperOneClick i get this error and at last step it will crash.

Last edited by andropos; 05-27-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Currently Offline Beta *
    What worked for me was a device that appeared in Device Manager as "unknown device".

Moreover, it did not work to let Windows search for the driver. I had to go to "have disk".

It may be that on XP it shows as "N90" while on Win7 it shows as "unknown device". I suggest a manual driver install. If this doesn't work for "N90", I suggest plugging in the tablet with the Device Manager window open, and watching to see if "unknown device" appears briefly on the list.

Sorry, none of this is very logical. I have only a rough recollection of how it worked.

Currently Offline Beta

How to get the driver...

Hi,

To get all the drivers I had to use different sources (probably because I'm running windows 7 64 bit).

Anyway the correct ADB drivers will be installed when you install Moborobo Moborobo - The Android Smartphone PC Manager. Free for Life! which is the English port of the Chinese software that they use to manage the N90 tablet.

To get the driver to upgrade the formware I use the drivers in RK30tools in this post.

That being said the problem I keep having and I want to know if anyone else has it is that after my device goes to sleep and then wakes up again the Wi-Fi frequently stops working until I shut it down completely and then turn it back on. Has anyone else had the same problem? Trying to figure out if it is a firmware problem and to wait till they fix it or if I should return it and get a replacement.

What happens. Is after turning it back on the Wifi says it is on but cannot find any networks. When I try to turn the wifi off it pretends it does but does not show the correct message or change if I exit settings and then return it still says on but does not work. The only way to fix it is to turn it off and on again. Anyone else having this problem?

Currently Offline Beta *
    I've not had a problem with wi-fi, but after about a week of use, it is now freezing regularly. The screen goes fuzzy and 'out of focus', and the tablet becomes unresponsive.

This could be due to an installed app, but since it sometimes also freezes on restart (orange screen, or fuzzy frozen "N90xxII" startup logo) I think it's bad hardware.

Currently Offline DevModder ***
    Coins
    screen going fuzzy is not a good sign, this sounds like something is over heating, think PC when over clocking your video card......
    Can you turn down the speed of the processor and see if it still happens, I don't think the rk3066 has actually settled on a stable clock speed yet....
    A good example the a10t is a 1.5ghz, but only till the last cm9 have we been able to get stable at 1.2, and most people drop it down to 1ghz.
    Try dropping your speed down to 1 or 1.2 and see ow that goes....
    if you find any post helpful, remember to hit thanks to that poster.......
    Donate Bitcoin - 12J2EwJfZZRXh8dZCgnRDZoJTySzW6k4c3

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowperil For This Useful Post:

tobyyoda (06-03-2012)