+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Uhost2 Offical Firmware Downloads

Flo
    Flo is offline Beta *
    Coins
    Hi, what happens if you forget to soft power off the uhost2 before cutting power of the tv. Did you experience trouble doing that?
    I thought Android was handling power failures well.

2. Rikomagic 728
    europa is offline Beta **
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Hi, what happens if you forget to soft power off the uhost2 before cutting power of the tv. Did you experience trouble doing that?
    I've never experienced any problem by doing that on my uhost1 and 2.

PolloLoco is offline 2.0/2.1 Eclair ***
    Coins
    The worst thing that can happen is if you're writing data to either your memory card or internal storage during an accidental power outage. Then your memory card may get corrupted.

That hasn't happened to me yet . . . though I've been nervous a handful of times, because I shut off my TV forgetting to turn off the Uhost2 first. After most of those - when rebooting, it took a very long time to reboot stuck at the Android logo. Afterwards, it booted into my main screen with certain options like the menu bar already disabled. One time, it failed to boot altogether and was "permanently" stuck at the Android logo. But disconnecting and reconnecting the Uhost2 one more time caused it to boot correctly.

In short - I'm convinced it's possible to screw up your device if you don't soft power down, but I've been lucky.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PolloLoco For This Useful Post:

Flo (07-10-2013)

andropos is offline Founder
    Coins
    I have pulled the plug 100s of times without the soft power off on many different devices and never had any issues.
    I think the risk of corrupting the file system is minimal on nand flash devices, in worst case you would have to reflash the firmware.

However its never recommended to do it this way if you have the option to soft power off.
    Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Xecutioner is offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    Hi all, well i must say that the latest firmware version (U2.411.000.11.130424) works like a charm, no freeze, no unespected reboots, no wifi issues, so i d like to tank all those who´ve been helping in new firmware development. I have a question that i would like to ask you: Anyone have experiencing problems with the xbmc addon (warez tuga)? I have official xbmc 12.2 version installed with the warez tuga addon and lately when i select a movie or a serie the first 30 minutes work fine and then the videio playback starts to have freezes and breaks and the unit briks and reeboots, i think is or either xbmc issue or warez tuga addon version issue, anyone knows how to solve it?? thanks
    One last question: Andropos do you know if there will be a firm. release with the latest android 4.2 jb and if yes when it will be released? thanks

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecutioner View Post
    Hi all, well i must say that the latest firmware version (U2.411.000.11.130424) works like a charm, no freeze, no unespected reboots, no wifi issues, so i d like to tank all those who´ve been helping in new firmware development. I have a question that i would like to ask you: Anyone have experiencing problems with the xbmc addon (warez tuga)? I have official xbmc 12.2 version installed with the warez tuga addon and lately when i select a movie or a serie the first 30 minutes work fine and then the videio playback starts to have freezes and breaks and the unit briks and reeboots, i think is or either xbmc issue or warez tuga addon version issue, anyone knows how to solve it?? thanks
    One last question: Andropos do you know if there will be a firm. release with the latest android 4.2 jb and if yes when it will be released? thanks
    Im sorry i have not used the warez tunga addon so i cant comment on that.

As for the 4.2 firmware, Smallart was talking on having a beta firmware over a moth ago and i still have not heard of any progress, im sure they busy on next model and starting to have doubts on getting official 4.2 any time soon.

On the other hand the Uhost2 is very stable with correct firmware so there is really not much need upgrading something that is not broken.
    Myzx likes this.
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

vs604 is offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by andropos View Post

As for the 4.2 firmware, Smallart was talking on having a beta firmware over a moth ago and i still have not heard of any progress, im sure they busy on next model and starting to have doubts on getting official 4.2 any time soon.

On the other hand the Uhost2 is very stable with correct firmware so there is really not much need upgrading something that is not broken.
    I have also read on other forums that newer versions of the Netflix app does not work with 4.2 on the Chinese TV sticks. Although, you can download an older version, which apparently works fine.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by vs604 View Post
    I have also read on other forums that newer versions of the Netflix app does not work with 4.2 on the Chinese TV sticks. Although, you can download an older version, which apparently works fine.
    Which newer version is not working?
    Im running latest 2.3.2 build 932 and its working fine.

vs604 is offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by andropos View Post
    Which newer version is not working?
    Im running latest 2.3.2 build 932 and its working fine.
    It's working on Jelly Bean 4.2.2? Oh well that's my bad, I just read about the problem here: Netflix Problem on TV Sticks running 4.2.2

But I guess it might work for some and not others.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by vs604 View Post
    It's working on Jelly Bean 4.2.2? Oh well that's my bad, I just read about the problem here:
    But I guess it might work for some and not others.
    AFAIK Uhost2 does not have a 4.2 firmware yet, but im running 4.2.2 on a tablet and Netflix is working fine.