+ Reply to Thread
    Currently Offline Beta

Unhappy LiveSuit Issues - Win 7 64 Bit

Hi,

I've been beating my head against a wall for a couple of days now trying to get ics installed on my teclast a10. I've been looking around for information on my problem but all I can find are instructions saying "install the drivers" or vague mentions of detailed instructions elsewhere.

My Setup:
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Teclast A10 (Mine just says A10, not A10t - is there a difference?)

After following I guide I found to disable windows update, I managed to install some drivers I found on another forum (The drivers supplied with the ics update zip will not work for me. I can't get them to install.), so that when I plug my device in (with the back button held down and tap power 5 times or so) it shows up in my device manager as an "RK29 Device" under "Class for rockusb devices". As far as I can tell that seems fine?

If I run the RKBatchTool, it shows a green square and will allow me to update the firmware (I installed v1.02). The RKBatchTool wont open the A10t(5DM3).img file though.

If I run the LiveSuit software I found on this post:New ROM upgrade V1.02 to Teclast A10t is released!

I can select the A10t(5DM3).img file but when I click "System Upgrade" a message box pops up saying "No device found". I have tried with the wizard using both mandatory and general upgrades, with no success.

I'm sorry about the long winded post but I wanted to give as much information as possible (and demonstrate that I really have tried to sort it out myself ). If anyone can offer any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Typo

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    Quote Originally Posted by jbefat View Post
    Hi,

My Setup:
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Teclast A10 (Mine just says A10, not A10t - is there a difference?)
    There is a huge difference between A10 and A10t. Dont try any firmware from A10t. A10t is based on Allwinner chip set while your A10 is Rockchip. Be careful and find the correct firmware for your A10.
    Try to find something here
    Teclast
    Teclast A10 4.0.3 firmware and guide

hadron
    Last edited by hadron; 04-01-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Currently Offline Ice Cream Sandwich ***
    Coins
    Hi Jbefat

I feel your pain.

I had similar issues trying to upgrade my Ainol Novo 7 Advance. Its not an A10 but the issues are all the same. I will explain the problem, I believe the solution will also work for you.

First of all, the drivers that allow the firmware (LIvesuit) to be upgraded on the tablet is not the same one that is required to run scripts, and similarly, the two procedures differ.

When you hold down the volume button, connect your USB and then tap the power button 6 times, the tablet then goes into a communication mode and installs some drivers to the computer. Apparently, all required drivers should be uploaded but this did do not happen in all instances.

If you can connect to the computer, advise your tablet to turn on the USB connection and install the firmware, then you have the first driver.

The second driver is what usual gives the trouble or to put it correctly, the absence of it. This driver allows your computer to treat your tablet like a plug and play unit. To check if you already have this driver, connect the unit to the USB, go to control panel/hardware/printers and devises and see if there is a unit with a question mark. If you do have the question mark, you do not have the required driver.

I found the driver for my tablet by following a thread at slatedroid (query allwinner script), then downloading and installing the drivers from Pdanet. After that it worked like a charm.

By the way, as I said before, the procedures for installing the script differs than the firmware. Make sure you read the "readme" that comes with the script download before attempting to install.

Good luck. KB

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice/links. I followed the instructions on installation for the A10 and I managed to get 4.0.3 installed on my tablet. It seems like a really nice update but unfortunately there are a lot of bugs that make it not worth updating to - maybe next update will sort it all out