+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help! - Touch Screen points are inverted/reversed after loading ICS

Question Help! - Touch Screen points are inverted/reversed after loading ICS

Hello All,

I recently purchased the Teclast A10t tablet and it was preloaded with Android 2.3. I now have tried 3 versions of Android 4.0.3 ICS loaded and have the same result, the touch screen seems to be inverted/reversed.

To confirm this I turned on the visual touch screen setting in the developer section of ICS.
    If I touch the Top Left corner I notice the touch point as the Bottom Left Corner. This is the same behavior for center and right touch positions. Also I noticed if I swipe from left to right it rotates to the left instead of the right. This is the same for up & down swipes.

I loaded the following versions via links from this forum:
    A10t(5DM3)_android4.0.3V1.02
    A10t(5DM3)_android4.0.3_DCD7
    A10t(5DM3)-android4.0.3-V1.11.rar

The tablets touch functions were working correctly on 2.3 but on 4.0 it does not.
    Also wanted to mention that when i connect a usb mouse, the cursor performs correctly.

Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen points?
    Is there a step I missed? (I used livesuit v1.09)

for reference I found this video on youtube on a different brand tablet but same behavior on ICS.
    D70GT inverted touch problem - YouTube

*UPDATED - here is my link with images and videos of the problem.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46132020@N08/

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks & Regards
    Last edited by 1unektablet; 06-20-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: updated link with pics & vids

2. TinyDeal 728
    Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    it looks like the touch hardware is changed
    can you tell us the product code like our has 5DM3 something like that.
    you can see it on the back of your pad and is it 16 GB or 8 GB version ?

hadron

Currently Offline DevModder ***
    Coins
    if its worked with a previous OS without issues, more than likely the issue is with the current firmwares for ICS.
    Have you tried the CM9 build of ICS 4.0.4, and does the issue persist.
    if you find any post helpful, remember to hit thanks to that poster.......
    Donate Bitcoin - 12J2EwJfZZRXh8dZCgnRDZoJTySzW6k4c3

Quote Originally Posted by hadron View Post
    it looks like the touch hardware is changed
    can you tell us the product code like our has 5DM3 something like that.
    you can see it on the back of your pad and is it 16 GB or 8 GB version ?

hadron
    on the back of the pad it indicates:
    Teclast TPad
    A10t
    16GB
    1GB DDR ram
    ID: 5DM3

Please see my original post as I added a link to images and videos for the problem.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by yellowperil View Post
    if its worked with a previous OS without issues, more than likely the issue is with the current firmwares for ICS.
    Have you tried the CM9 build of ICS 4.0.4, and does the issue persist.
    I have not tried that version as someone had commented that the tablets volume button, which perform the function of HOME and BACK key does not work. the current version I loaded "1.11" has the side buttons functioning properly.

To ensure I was reading the correct thread, would you please provide the thread you are referring to with the download for "CM9 build of ICS 4.0.4".

Thank you in advance

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    Quote Originally Posted by 1unektablet View Post
    on the back of the pad it indicates:
    Teclast TPad
    A10t
    16GB
    1GB DDR ram
    ID: 5DM3

Please see my original post as I added a link to images and videos for the problem.

Thanks Again
    We all are using above firmwares successfully on 8GB version so my first guess is that the touch screen driver is different for your pad. But I am not sure. You can use cm9 from the thread "how to install cwm and cm9......... " in firmware sticky forum.

hadron

Sent from my Teclast A10t

Quote Originally Posted by hadron View Post
    We all are using above firmwares successfully on 8GB version so my first guess is that the touch screen driver is different for your pad. But I am not sure. You can use cm9 from the thread "how to install cwm and cm9......... " in firmware sticky forum.

hadron

Sent from my Teclast A10t
    Thats the latest files I had used from the thread "How to install CWM 5 and Cyanomod 9 on A10T". I used the A10t(5DM3)-android4.0.3-V1.11.rar version.
    I have not loaded the cm9 or 910 compatibility as I thought the problem was with the ics build. Does the CM9, 910 compatibility files/procedure do anything to the touch screen hardware drivers?

UPDATE: Even after loading CWM 5 / Cyanomod 9 / A10t(5DM3)-android4.0.3-V1.11 successfully, I still have the problem, only now the inverted touch spot is about 1 inch apart.

on another forum here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...st-here-4.html
    they had the same problem and were able to identify it as the driver.

Can someone please tell me how to identify the touchscreen driver? Also can someone post their driver name/file that is working?

Thanks
    Last edited by 1unektablet; 06-26-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Currently Offline Beta
    Coins

Inverted screen

Hey hi...
    Have you managed to fix your problem??
    In many blogs..they have asked to change the revert flag inside script.bin and script0.bin but it didnt worked for me..

PLZ do reply.

Currently Offline Beta

Apad V also inverted with Momo 9Boxchip image

Every thing else seems OK. It has an ARM cortex A8 processor Allwinner A13. I noticed that the gravity sensor does not work. My guess would be that at the time of loading the image the gravity sensor output it set to reverse that of the tablet the image was designed for. Standards seem so hard for manufacturers to stay with. I'll be trying the lightelf260 instead just to see what happens.