+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Currently Offline Beta *
    Coins

Aliexpress [brand certified] vendor, are they trustable?

I was looking for Smartq Ten3 on aliexpress and I noticed that one of the results was [brand certified], does anybody have any experience with brand certified vendors on aliexpress? Are they actually brand certified? Should I trust them?
    Last edited by andropos; 08-10-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: title edit

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    Coins
    I purchased from aliexpress and to answer your question requires some qualification, since when you purchase from aliexpress you are actually purchasing from individual 'suppliers'. These are individuals who either have their own stores or supply items from the manufacturers. So, the item is as good as the suppliers associated with aliexpress, who gives them all 'ratings'. What I liked most about aliexpress is the escrow concept. Your purchase dollars are held in escrow until your item arrives and in satisfactory condition -- an added incentive for suppliers to provide good customer service. Hope that helps.

Currently Offline Beta *
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    I purchased from aliexpress and to answer your question requires some qualification, since when you purchase from aliexpress you are actually purchasing from individual 'suppliers'. These are individuals who either have their own stores or supply items from the manufacturers. So, the item is as good as the suppliers associated with aliexpress, who gives them all 'ratings'. What I liked most about aliexpress is the escrow concept. Your purchase dollars are held in escrow until your item arrives and in satisfactory condition -- an added incentive for suppliers to provide good customer service. Hope that helps.
    So is it safe to buy from aliexpress or not? Does [brand certified] make any difference?

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastoxx View Post
    So is it safe to buy from aliexpress or not? Does [brand certified] make any difference?
    Yes, it was safe for me to buy from them and I don't know what brand certified means.

Currently Offline 2.3.x Gingerbread ***
    Coins
    Buying from Aliexpress is an absolute joke, i saw a price for an Aoson m33 , 125, i thought yep ,great , i lll have that. But 22 hours after I made the purchase I get an email saying the transaction has been cancelled because your credit card cant be verified !!. When I went through the buying process I had to fill out the necessary security checks (date of birth etc) on the credit card secuirty check page, that pops when you buy from any seller. But this isnt good enough for Aliexpres, O no, this is what they actually want you to do, send photo copies of your passport, lol, bank statments, and both sides of the credit card !!, Although they do say you can cancel out all the numbers on the credit card except the last4 but I mean really, what sort of company does business like this, and I will be dammed if i will send a photo copy of my passport !!
    Own :
    Onda V812 Quad A31
    Cube U30gt2 Quad RK3188
    Pipo M6 3g Rk3188

Coins
    It is like buying from Ebay . . . safe if you do the research on which seller you purchase from! No research and you can get burned! I have bought three tablets from them: VIA 8850, A13, and A20 dual core. All were smooth transitions b/c I checked who was selling and what their reputation . . . similar to "positive feedback" in Ebay.

Bottom line: I like their service, pricing, and will probably buy again from them. One other feature with them is that of a unique buyer protection program called Escrow. Your purchase money is not released to the seller until the package is delivered and you, the buyer, are completely satisfied.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    It is like buying from Ebay . . . safe if you do the research on which seller you purchase from! No research and you can get burned! I have bought three tablets from them: VIA 8850, A13, and A20 dual core. All were smooth transitions b/c I checked who was selling and what their reputation . . . similar to "positive feedback" in Ebay.

Bottom line: I like their service, pricing, and will probably buy again from them. One other feature with them is that of a unique buyer protection program called Escrow. Your purchase money is not released to the seller until the package is delivered and you, the buyer, are completely satisfied.
    Yeah thats great if you can acutally buy from them !, i mean how can the honestly expect people to send photo copies of their passparts, Cards etc? that is just way to much ask just for a tablet. Its so suspicious, there are security measures in place to stop fraud, by the credit card companies themselves !asking someone to send a photo copy of their passport and card isnt really making the likelyhood of it being an honest transaction more likely. The fraudsters could have stolen your passport too !, the only real security is the questions that only you would know, and it ask that anyway on the bank security pop up screen before you pay.
    Last edited by Jammer; 08-10-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Own :
    Onda V812 Quad A31
    Cube U30gt2 Quad RK3188
    Pipo M6 3g Rk3188

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    Yeah thats great if you can acutally buy from them !, i mean how can the honestly expect people to send photo copies of their passparts, Cards etc? that is just way to much ask just for a tablet. Its so suspicious, there are security measures in place to stop fraud, by the credit card companies themselves !asking someone to send a photo copy of their passport and card isnt really making the likelyhood of it being an honest transaction more likely. The fraudsters could have stolen your passport too !, the only real security is the questions that only you would know, and it ask that anyway on the bank security pop up screen before you pay.
    Well, that's a first -- a vendor not wanting your money!!! Are you sure this is Aliexpress asking for all this info or is it the seller?? They are NOT one and the same.

Coins
    No its def Aliexpress, the third party seller has nothing to do with it, I managed to get hold of the seller on the instant chat and she said no its Aliexpress who put the stop on it in that first 24 hours period whist they are doing this verification check, which I ve never heard of any other company doing and The way it works is the seller dosnt actually get the money untill the goods have been signed for and you have toggled that from your order page on the website. the thing is the money has left you account and gone into theirs and then 20 hours later, when they decide not to sell to you the money, is refunded back into your visa account from theres, which insidently they left short in my case ( I have made a small purchase from them with the same credit card (8.50) and it was accepted np so what I think is happening is they have a payment threshold of say 100 ? And when you go over that then unless they have copies of your bank statements, credit card and passport they wont sell to you, its a bit problem for me atm as I need to renew my passport, and tbh , As I said before, would be very reluctant to send copies of that, i think your just asking for your indentity to be stolen. . And just top it all off was left short with the refund lol
    Last edited by Jammer; 08-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Own :
    Onda V812 Quad A31
    Cube U30gt2 Quad RK3188
    Pipo M6 3g Rk3188

Currently Offline Ice Cream Sandwich ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    No its def Aliexpress, the third party seller has nothing to do with it, I managed to get hold of the seller on the instant chat and she said no its Aliexpress who put the stop on it in that first 24 hours period whist they are doing this verification check, which I ve never heard of any other company doing and The way it works is the seller dosnt actually get any money untill the goods have been signed for and you have toggled that from your order page on the website. the thing is the money has left you account and gone into theirs, and then 20 hours later, when they decide not to sell to you the money is refunded back into your visa account from theres, which they left short in my case ( I have made a small purchase from them with the same credit card (8.50) and it was accepted np so what I think is happening is they have a payment threshold of say 100 ? And when you go over that then unless they have copies of your bank statements, credit card and passport they wont sell to you, its a bit problem for me atm as I need to renew my passport, and tbh , As I said before, would be very reluctant to send copies of that, i think your just asking for your indentity to be stolen. . And just top it all off was left short with the refund lol
    That sounds strange, last time I bought a tablet through them they didn't ask for all that stuff. Maybe it's a new policy, but I wouldn't send that passport image myself.

Sent from my Momo12 tablet
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
    JXD S7800B