+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Touch screen problem

Dear all,

I am using Ainol Novo 7 Paladin. I am using normally, but suddenly I lost my touch screen ability. My screen does not work any more.

I don't know why, because I did not install any new software, but suddenly it crashes.

Anyone know how to fix? I tried to flash the firmware, follow [How-to] Flash Novo 7 Paladin to factory firmware, but when I push Volume- and plug the cable - nothing happens.

2. Rikomagic 728
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    I sent many questions about this problem in this forum and anyone wants to help. Seems that the are the owners of AINOL, nobody likes to talk that the tablet comes with this problem for MANY people.

Currently Offline Android 1.1 ***
    Has anyone contacted Ainol about this problem?

Man, your talking about a chinese company, there is no support department. The site is only in chinese ! The only email is sales@ainol.com, so you can see the problem we are facing !

Does the touch screen work if you do a reboot? Did it just stop working while you were using the tab, or was it after you flashed a rom? If just while you were working away, it may be that the screen cable is not seated properly, does anyone have pictures of the inside showing this connection. I had this happen on a Dropad A8X that is now long retired, the cable just came loose after awhile, just poor assembly, easily fixed but only if you have a plan and pictures.

Stopped working after 2 days, no installation have been done, no app, no ROM, nothing ! Just full recharged after full battery drain and TF inserted, only that. Tried this already, all with no success :
    - Another battery drain;
    - 4.0.3 firmware from this forum (think from pinkflozd);
    - 4.0.3 AINOL official firmware from AINOL site.

People in other forums have already tried the pinkflozd ROM, the 4.0.1 original firmware, and nothing. So I don't know if I loose any more time with this crap or only give up. Don't know how to open it and dont know if I want to open it and loose more time. Someone have inserted a mouse and could make it work ! Imagine, a tablet with a mouse ! Last option is to use it to show pictures, but it will standby after a minute, so not even to that will serve !

It sounds more and more like a loose ribbon cable, any pictures anyone?

Don't know, maybe it is poor material. Because it works for a couple of days and then just stops ! Always the same history. Or the battery charger have been bad designed and is just burning some component, don't know.

Yes that could be a good hint! Please state the charger u are using and give us some data of the voltage an ampere values that are used in your country. ( I am not good with electrical stuff ) May be we can find the reason ...

So, are you saying that the tablet starts working again at some point, and the touchscreen becomes responsive for another while before again conking out? If yes, what happens between it not working and then working again, the more specific you can be, the better.