+ Reply to Thread
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***

WiFi problem / Authentication error on ICS 4.0.1

Im having problems getting my N7b to stay connected to my network. It seems that it connects for 5 to 10 min and then gets an authentication error. It gets fixed after I reconnect, but I have to do it every time so downloads and stuff just get cut or set on pause.

Is there anyone having this problem?

Regards,
    Sebastian

2. TinyDeal 728
    Currently Offline Beta
    I am having the same problem on my Paladin.

Currently Offline Beta
    Another "me too" ... I have NOVO7 Basic too. My wifi worked reliably on the 3.2 honeycomb which came pre-installed, but I installed the 23Dec 4.0.1 firmware, and ever since then the wifi has been a bit flaky. For me, simply turning off and turning on wifi doesn't even always work, I need to choose "forget" in the AP settings and then re-enter my wifi password every so often, quite irritating. This doesn't happen 5 to 10 minutes for me like OP sebben00, but about once per day.

(As an aside, in almost all other respects, the 4.0.1 firmware is much improved over 3.2, especially my battery life while idle is now much better)

Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    It gets annoying when I try to download games from Gameloft. Since it just drops out and I get a download error.
    Im thinking about going back to 3.2 until we get 4.0.3 or even downgrade to 2.3 but I like the look and feel of ICS.

If anyone knows about a fix, please let ut know!

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Currently Offline Beta
    I'm getting the same wifi problem on my novo7 installed ICS V4.0.1.
    Some novo7 basic users who are also annoyed with unstable wifi connection have tried to downgrade android ver. from ICS.
    But, they seems not to solve this problem.
    So, I'm thinking that this is not software problem.

I'm trying to change wifi channel of my AP with inSSIDer to avoid radio-frequency interference.
    Here the link of inSSIDer.
    Download inSSIDer and Discover the Wi-Fi Networks Around You | MetaGeek

inSSIDer allows you to check radio-frequency band around you of wifi in visual.
    I hope this will bring us good wifi connection!

Currently Offline Beta
    I did not have this issue with the 3.2 fw, only once I installed 4.0.1... Also, I've now installed 4.0.3, and so far I haven't experienced the wifi issue again.

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by sebben00 View Post
    Im having problems getting my N7b to stay connected to my network. It seems that it connects for 5 to 10 min and then gets an authentication error. It gets fixed after I reconnect, but I have to do it every time so downloads and stuff just get cut or set on pause.

Is there anyone having this problem?

Regards,
    Sebastian

I had the same problem before. You only have to do some modification at the router setting, at the Group Key Update Period, set it to "0". The problem will be solved.