Oh, yeah. Apologize! Only videos work.and only if you switch to fullscreen
That's because videos on youtube can also work via HTML5 video, which is what they do when you access the site with a mobile device. Frankly, as youtube works I'm not all that troubled by the fact that flash doesn't work, though it'd be nice!
I can't get calendar or contacts to sync, followed all posts to date ....
The trick (at least for me) was to flash gapps.zip RIGHT AFTER update.zip, without rebooting. If you reboot, parts of the system are initialized with the existing google framework, and calendar or contacts sync will not work. The only way to do this was a bit fancy, but is essentially like the procedure described. I had to ensure I had the default stock recovery or flashing android wouldn't work. What I did was:
* put the android firmware as android-403.zip, CWM recovery as cwmrecovery.zip and gapps.zip on an SD.
* booted the tablet in recovery -- pressed 'home' to make the menu pop up.
* chose to flash android-403.zip
* when the flashing was done, without resetting I also flashed cwmrecovery.zip
* when the flashing was done, I kept vol+ pressed while hitting the reset "hole-switch"
* when CWM recovery came up, I flashed gapps.zip
THEN I rebooted the tablet into the system, added my account, and everything worked.