+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ainol Novo 7 Basic Android 4.0

Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    I will try to flash, but the downloading is very slow...more a hour...

Episode IV. - THE NEW HOPE

How do you download from this site (115.com) - trying all sorts of things including joining, installing the 115.com app, etc, but getting nowhere. The last firmware I downloaded (1126) was from one of our forums and downloaded from a site in english. I can't seem to get the gist of the 115.com site and how to download from it.

Can anyone assist with clear directions or post the firmware to an english download site. Google translate can't handle this site so what chance have I got LOL

Waxy

Currently Offline Beta

Upgrade complete! Still running Honeycomb. :(

Friends,

No good news yet. The upgrade to the new firmware went through successfully. According to the release notes this seems to be maintenance build.

Here is the english translation of the firmware description

Mengzhou tailijie honeycomb type brush firmware version NOVO7 NOVO7 popular 20,111,217 card: firmware download: 88 click: 109 size: 302 MB time: 2011.12.21
    Focus on machine flower screen freeze issue, it is strongly recommended.
    Firmware upgrade notes:
    -Please ensure that the machine has more than 50% before upgrading power or ready charger
    -An upgrade be sure to back up important data good machine, formatted removable disks during the upgrade, the old data will be lost after the upgrade is complete, you cannot recover.
    -Not press the reset key during an upgrade, the upgrade process cannot have actions other than the upgrade requirements, so as to avoid action keys cause upgrade to fail.

Crossing hands until ics release.

Same thing on mine. I am having a problem getting into my unit via USB. When I plug my unit up, I get this "Pea Pod" program that wants to install. It's in Chinese though...have no idea what I need to do.

Maybe this is the update to fix the 30% battery issue. By this I mean that it was a fault in earlier firmware that meant the os became, with varying degrees, a bit wonky when the battery level fell below 30%. It did not occur in 2.x firmware but had become a problem in honeycomb. It was reported they were working hard to find a fix for the problem. Maybe co-incidence, maybe not.

Waxy

I was two times below 30% battery leve(18% and 20%), but fortunately nothing happened. My problem was totaly different: my tablet switched off two times at 60% and 80% battery level. The tablet forgotten everything. Only the re-flashing procerure helped for the tablet.
    I scare a little bit on every day...
    Last edited by csoka; 12-21-2011 at 03:27 PM.

i'm checking out General Topics | Forums | MIPS Developers

to see if they are up to something as regards upgrade, compatibility and etc..hoping for something good to come from MIPS..otherwise my next tablet will use ARM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lock For This Useful Post:

Droid7 (12-22-2011)

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    Coins
    unless they suddently invented the magic nothing can be done about compatibility.

One BIG problem is google for not incluiding mips intro their ndk, most of the devs dont even know about the mips android ndk...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shivansps For This Useful Post:

Droid7 (12-22-2011)

Currently Offline Beta *
    Quote Originally Posted by shivansps View Post
    unless they suddently invented the magic nothing can be done about compatibility.

One BIG problem is google for not incluiding mips intro their ndk, most of the devs dont even know about the mips android ndk...

So you think once icecream is installed we still wont have compatibility with most apps?
    Then what good would come from the 4.0 upgrade?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OH WOW For This Useful Post:

Droid7 (12-22-2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast