+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Currently Offline Beta **
    Quote Originally Posted by mr168 View Post
    I click on update instead of restore, it seems to be able to do the same job. Or is there really a difference?
    I have yet to receive mine, however with the livesuit program to update the uhost you have the option to to a full format and erase all data or not erase all data and settings'
    with the mk808 could update keep your previous settings and restore not? or the reverse?

2. w2comp 728
    Currently Offline Founder
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand Diver View Post
    I have yet to receive mine, however with the livesuit program to update the uhost you have the option to to a full format and erase all data or not erase all data and settings'
    with the mk808 could update keep your previous settings and restore not? or the reverse?
    I didnt pay attention when i did my upgrade, but i think it will wipe all date.
    Maybe someone else can confirm?
    Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

It will wipe everything. It essentially does a fresh install. If you want to preserve your data I would do a titanium backup.

Also can you use livesuite on the mk808? i thought no. I used the rockchip updater to update mine.

Currently Offline Beta
    is there a newer firmware than this 26 oct version?

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko View Post
    how do i turn off the on-screen keyboard? i'm using an air mouse (Mele F10), so do not want the on-screen keyboard to appear whenever i select an input field.
    any ideas anyone?

Currently Offline Beta
    I have followed all the instructions to the letter. I just got the iPEGTOP MK808 and it comes up on my 1920 screen in 1024 stretched. I downloaded the drivers and the firmware upgrade and followed the directions about holding the reset in (and I can hear it click) and attaching to the OTG with a known good cable (that I tested on the same USB port with a USB hard drive) and I tested the OTG port with a mouse and keyboard.

But, Windows 7 never recognizes the the MK808 in device manager. It doesnt even try. I hold down reset while I connect the OTG cable and nothing.... nada.... zip.... zilch. But I plug it back into the HDMI monitor and it functions - just stretched....

Thanks in advance for any tips or insights!

I have read that XP machines are better? I have also read you can run a virtual XP on your windows 7 os?

Currently Offline Beta
    I havent had a windows XP machine for a very long time and I think only the ultimate copies of Windows 7 can run virtual XP? Also I would think the chances of getting virtuallized hardware to connect would even be slimmer?

Currently Offline Beta
    my window 7 works very well and is able to install the driver. Overall, the installation runs very smoothly and i'm looking forward to a newer firmware!

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mr168 View Post
    my window 7 works very well and is able to install the driver. Overall, the installation runs very smoothly and i'm looking forward to a newer firmware!
    I am happy yours is working. Mine is not. I don't know if im still missing something or there is something defective. When I hold in the reset button and connect to USB, I have read in some forums that the light is not supposed to come on when depressing the reset switch. Mine does. Mine always powers up about 5 seconds after connecting the OTG cable, while I still have the switch depressed.