NOTE: THIS ROM IS NOT MADE BY MY SELF ITS DEVELOPED BY FINLESS. I HAVE TESTED THE VERSION 1.7 AND WORKS VERY NICE.
UPDATE March 15, 2013:
There is now a 1.7C version for the MK808 Original (non-B).
1.7b had a problem with the mouse zoom feature.
This new release called 1.7c fixes the mouse zoom function which is useful for Google Earth APP, etc.
In settings>accessability>mouse zoom
You can turn on mouse zoom and your mouse wheel when depressed and rolled will activate a zoom mode.
For this to work you need a mouse with a wheel that is also a mouse button.
e.g. in windows the wheel when depressed acts as a double click.
Users have now tested and the wifi issues are fixed!
Some MK808 users reported wifi issues with connection rate dropping over time with 1.7 and 1.7a.
1.7c is fixed.
Note: This was NOT an issue for the MK808B or Sunvel clone!
Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:
This is an enterly new system. This is not much from the original MK808 ROM in this as fas as system goes.
Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.
1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyboard exit key.
2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
It is 3 dots vertically. Now anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!
3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
d) Setup a password for lock screen
4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
Now understand how this works
a) If there is no wifi or ethernet connection the MK808 when it goes to sleep will power off.
b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again
5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.
6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
Now just reboot and all this will be gone.
7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.
8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
Your device will show up in google play as NOT a MK808 device! Understand this please.
I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.
9) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
10) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.
11) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
13) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!
14) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
5) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manuall insmod CIFS and MD4.
The files are in /system/lib/modules
1080P support if you desire:
This is NOT a true 1080p ROM! HOwever there is a 1080 modded kernel available now from Armtvtech.com
However I have CUSTOM TUNED this ROM so it looks good "set" at scaled up 1080P!!! Font's Icons, etc!
On first boot I have DEFAULTED this ROM to boot at 1280x720 for compatability with older TVs!
Some people cant boot custom ROMs unless EDID is ignored. So I forced this to 1280x720 on first boot!
If you want the BEST look and your TV does 1080, then first thing to do is go into display settings and change it to 1080!
I think you will like how it looks scaled up now from 720!
Two boot.img's available. While this is NOT a 1080P ROM for those that want to use Kriz MK808 or other 1080 kernels
and do not want the boot screen all jacked up, I have added a boot1080.img file.
The boot720 is set as default. If you decide to use another 1080 kernel, just change to boot1080.img
To change a selection for boot, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of boot line.
A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the boot1080.img
Here are the links for 1.7 ROM
Please make sure you use the correct ROM for your hardware version!