Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dropad A9N firmware 20110816 upgrade instructions

Currently Offline Founder
    Coins

Dropad A9N firmware 20110816 upgrade instructions

Upgrade instructions
    • Extract files to the root directory of TF card
    • Turn off device
    • Press and hold the volume down key (near power button) and the power button to boot into upgrade mode
    • Using volume keys select the upgrade apply sdcard: update.zip confirm to start the upgrade process

Download firmware:
    http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/down...?do=file&id=14
    Last edited by andropos; 08-21-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    onorus likes this.

2. McBub 728
    Currently Offline Beta **
    I updated my dropad A9N with this update and he not activated the bluetooth and wireless- showing error. And most did not recognize my SIM Card. I had to go back to the old ROM. I take to correct the update method that is wrong here and also the manufacturer's website - http://www.saayi.com/sy/asp-bin/gb/?...ass=107&id=674.
    Press and hold the volume up key (and not down key) and the power button to boot into upgrade mode. Down Key is used to return to factory state.
    Last edited by onorus; 08-25-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by onorus View Post
    Press and hold the volume up key (and not down key) and the power button to boot into upgrade mode. Down Key is used to return to factory state.
    Thanks for the update, the steps are translated from manufacturers website. There may also be different hardware versions of MagicTab / A9N and firmware may not be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andropos View Post
    Thanks for the update, the steps are translated from manufacturers website. There may also be different hardware versions of MagicTab / A9N and firmware may not be compatible.
    The situation is rather interesting in this device. On the back cover of my tab purchased in Aliexpress and from Hong Kong is written DROPAD, but on About android menu appears - Model number: N701 Broncho. If we search - Broncho N701 Android Tablet part 1 - YouTube - there a device called Broncho N701 with the same hardware and settings dropad A9n / magic tab1. Then this tab wins another title: Dropad A9n / Magic Tab1 / Broncho N701. Is there more than one manufacturer? It is a mystery!

Broncho N701.jpg
    Last edited by onorus; 08-29-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Coins
    The manufacturer/solution company of MagicTab M1, which is the original name of the device is unknown to me.

Both Saayi.com (Dropad) and broncho.cn are just resellers rebranding the same device.

There may be several "manufacturers" for this device, but only one solution company.

As far as i know only Saayi.com provides support for this device in form of firmware updates posted on their website.

I let you know if i find any else.
    Last edited by andropos; 08-26-2011 at 03:08 AM.

But if you want return to original state you need to have in the external sd the firmware that saayi have in its webpage. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gonfeco View Post
    But if you want return to original state you need to have in the external sd the firmware that saayi have in its webpage. Isn't it?
    Yes. The tab is formatted and installed the factory ROM. All automatically.

Currently Offline Beta
    Can someone please provide me with a working update.zip for the magictab m1? right now the wifi and bluetooth are not working. the link http://www.saayi.com/sy/asp-bin/gb/?...ass=107&id=674. is not working as a matter of fact i cannot even go to ???.

Currently Offline Beta
    is not working as a matter of fact i cannot even go to saayi.com

Currently Offline Beta
    it worked .. thanks big time
    the improvements i've noticed: the hissing sound (more like a circuitry interference sound) before and after any audio play back IS GONE .. now when i play anything, it's alot clearer

the bad point about it is as mentioned earlier. the rear camera won't work. i'll manage to fix it n post a solution for this

thanx again