+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Currently Offline Founder
    Coins

Ingenic Announce World’s First Android ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’ Tablet

So its now official Ingenic will be the fist Chinese solution provider to release the first ICS device, and Ainol is the manufacturer to produce the devices.

Ainol will promote and sell their new models via a new overseas website www.ainovo.com.

via mips.com

1GHz, Low-Power Tablet Sets New Market Standard at Sub-$100 Price Point

and Ingenic Semiconductor, a leading China-based CPU provider for mobile multimedia applications, today announced worldwide availability of the world's first tablet based on Android TM 4.0, known as 'Ice Cream Sandwich', that is retailing for less than $100 (U.S). The tablet is powered by Ingenic's JZ4770 mobile applications processor, which leverages a MIPS-BasedTM XBurstTM CPU running at 1GHz.
    According to Andy Rubin, senior vice president of mobile at Google, "I'm thrilled to see the entrance of MIPS-Based Android 4.0 tablets into the market. Low cost, high performance tablets are a big win for mobile consumers and a strong illustration of how Android's openness drives innovation and competition for the benefit of consumers around the world."
    The new Android 4.0 tablet is available in China and online through Ainol Electronics Co., Ltd. It will be available in the United States and other geographies within the next several months under brands from companies including Leader International Inc. and OMG Electronics Ltd.
    The new tablet is available with a 7" capacitive multi-touch screen. 8" and 9" form factors will be available soon. All versions include support for WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0, HDMI 1.3 and microSD, as well as 3D graphics with the Vivante GC860 GPU, 1080p video decoding and dual front/rear cameras. The XBurst processor's power-efficient architecture provides extended battery life-the 7" tablet draws less than 400mA during active web browsing.

read the whole article here:
    Newsroom

Last edited by andropos; 12-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

2. OrientDeal 728
    Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    Here's the video for it I doubt it's an ICS launcher^^;

Edit: 1 more Novo7B video with ICS 4.0 running apps

Last edited by lordsbm; 12-06-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Coins
    Thanks for the vids, i dont doubt this anymore. Not now when its official.
    Added new video in my first post.
    Last edited by andropos; 12-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

GFZ
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Speaking with Ainol left me confused as they announced this to us, the Novo 7 Basic is currently being shipped with 3.2 with 4.0 due within 1-2 weeks... but no news on Novo 7 Advanced other than ending production!

At least some 'other' good news will follow soon

Currently Offline Beta *
    Looks awesome! This means that ICS is being released soon here.. and i will be getting my Ainol 7 Basic soon.. A nice review is coming up soon!

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by GFZ View Post
    Speaking with Ainol left me confused as they announced this to us, the Novo 7 Basic is currently being shipped with 3.2 with 4.0 due within 1-2 weeks... but no news on Novo 7 Advanced other than ending production!

At least some 'other' good news will follow soon
    What?? Will n7a be discontinued ???
    Maybe n7a and n7b are just a probe to test the market and choose the solution company that will offer best deal?

Im not sure what the big hype is all about... Just cos number 4 is bigger then 3??
    I mean ppl have lots of problems running 3.2, will it be much better with 4.0?

As i see it, n7a has better performance, better app support and is quite stable.

Is this just a hype that will be over in few weeks when ppl realize that a higher number does not mean better product if poorly implemented??
    Last edited by andropos; 12-06-2011 at 04:58 PM.

GFZ
    Well it seems the NOVO 7 aka Basic version has alot of backing by MIPS & apparently Google

MIPS Technologies Home

Andy Rubin's Seal of App-roval

According to Android Police, this inexpensive Android slate comes endorsed by none other than Google’s Andy Rubin, who said in a press release: “I’m thrilled to see the entrance of MIPS-Based Android 4.0 tablets into the market. Low cost, high performance tablets are a big win for mobile consumers and a strong illustration of how Android’s openness drives innovation and competition for the benefit of consumers around the world.”

Ainovo's site boasts that “NOVO7 obtained Google CTS (Compatibility Test Suite),” meaning that Gmail, Google Maps, Gtalk and the rest ought to run perfectly. Ainovo is also saying that it's the 'world's first Android 4.0 tablet,' which is odd because Fuzhou Rockchip is saying the same thing about its Android 4.0 PAD.

I cannot say too much just yet but lets say YES the novo 7 advanced will cease production BUT its not actually the end for the N7A

Andropos I understand how you feel and your thinking, everyone wants the latest thing but in all honesty the Novo 7 Advanced is awesome and we love it as do our customers.

Ainol have advised they will be releasing the Basic with 3.2 now and can only assume they have ironed out the issues as much as possible, Android 4.0 which we are told will be released later im not sure about unless some bigger companies get involved to help out with software development.

Coins
    i have to say. the basic is quite bad. you cant install any of the best apps, no netflix, any other browser, chainfire3d, adosbox, skype, android terminal emulator, any nes emu, hell i cant even get a working barcode scanner. now, in 3.2 even less apps work. a few of the ones that where working in 2.2 it does not on 3.2. like youtube app and a few more.

in the peefrmance side, it gets abouy 850 points in quarrant advanced. cpu score is ok but 2d and 3d score are really low. and as for gaming goes. spiderman does not play perferly well also in a few othe games have noticed the same. the gc860 is not powerfull enoght.

so i have no idea of how 4.0 will be of any help.

Sent from my Novo7Basic using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shivansps; 12-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shivansps For This Useful Post:

GFZ (12-06-2011)

GFZ
    Quote Originally Posted by shivansps View Post
    i have to say. the basic is quite bad. you cant install any of the best apps, no netflix, any other browser, chainfire3d, adosbox, android terminal emulator, any nes emu, hell i cant even get a working barcode scanner. now, in 3.2 even less apps work. a few of the ones that where working in 2.2 it does not on 3.2. like youtube app and a few more.

in the peefrmance side, it gets abouy 850 points in quarrant advanced. cpu score is ok but 2d and 3d score are really low. and as for gaming goes. spiderman does not play perferly well also in a few othe games have noticed the same. the gc860 is not powerfull enoght.

so i have no idea of how 4.0 will be of any help.

Sent from my Novo7Basic using Tapatalk

This is one reason we did not stock the basic, seems because of the Ingenic support for 4.0 and the low cost of the Novo 7 basic it is being pushed as a great low cost tablet which it is but for that little more we find the advanced to be awesome. Hopefully it too will receive a 4.0 firmware update, we had been advised by Ainol that it would but was told it will take some time...

We shall see, overall I think the future for Ainol/Ainovo is bright.

Isn't the whole end of Novo7A started from MP4nation forum when an Admin said that Ainol Novo7A will end production? However there's yet any news of it on the China forum.

Also China tablet makers words and rumors can only be taken in as a pitch of salt, it only comes official after they actually do it. Else it'll still be rumors.

In any case, Novo7A being retired aren't a bad thing as long as they release the SDK as they were supposed to. Other A10 tablets aren't lacking in performance. Novo7A real edge over them is the battery life at 4000mah, but other shanzhai A10 tablets are coming out with them at 200 RMB cheaper than what's Novo7A being sold currently.