+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: IVIEW 760TPC (a.k.a. Ployer Momo9) Official Thread

Currently Offline 2.0/2.1 Eclair ***
    Quote Originally Posted by diamelo View Post
    I'm on windows 7 64bit and have never been able to use livesuite to flash firmware... pheonix pro worked like a charm the first time but that was it... after that now both programs dont work, they both freeze on the same step. :/
    you should uninstall the driver by initializing the tablet to go into the firmware flash mode, then going into the Device Manager and right-click > Uninstall

then unplug the USB port, power off the tablet, and start the method(s) from the beginning, which should prompt you to install the driver again.
    Keeping an eye out for the consumer and enthusiast.

2. Geekbuying 728
    UPDATE:
    2012-03-15

yet another 4.0.3 ICS build was released for another vendor/OEM version of the same tablet... "Qware Pro 3"

97F2-D1-H1-H01-1558.20120303

Findings so far:
    - default language/country is Netherlands, clean ICS 4.0.3, Qware boot splash screen
    - very stable and fast.... like the IVIEW build release "2012-02-28"
    - CPU is default set to run at 1.2GHz .... scaling is set to fantasy (checked with "CPU Master")
    - most common GApps installed; also pre-loaded Adobe Reader and Flash Player
    - 2.0MP camera does not work, just like the recent "4.0.3_Tatibana_97F2-D1-H1-H02-1767.20120309"
    - this revision of the tablet sold with a 1.3MP camera, so the build was made to support just that
    - USB Debugging is default turned off.... this is the first build I saw that did that, not a big deal really.
    - Market (now known as Google Play Store) apps are mostly unlocked already.... yay!!!

Try it out if you want (even though 2.0MP camera is not going to work)...

Download Link:
    4.0.3_QwarePro3_97F2-D1-H1-H01-1558.20120303

Enjoy.
    Last edited by eyeoncomputers; 03-17-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a IView TPC 760, and I'm having some issues... The only mods so far are to rename the phone files to increase battery life. I can't get any USB devices (flash drives or keyboard) to be recognized or power up. They work fine on my Archos 70 tab. If I connect it to the PC with the other cable I can mount and see the files on the IView; however, nothing seems to work with the host cable. I assumed the cable was bad, and had IView send me a replacement - which I tried last night with identical results. So did I get a bad cable, is there a problem with my USB port, or is there some setting that needs enabled? This is the 8G/2MP version with build 97F2-D1-H1-H01-1529.20120114. Do I need to return it to Newegg?

I also can not download books from the Ohio E-Books program using the Overdrive Media app. I created an Adobe certificate, as required, and enabled it. I am able to run Overdrive, log into Ohio E-Books, search and check out a book. However, when I click the download button it give me the following error message:
    "You do not have permission to open this page. overdrive://ofs.contentreserve.com/bin/OFSGatewayModule.dll/77ShadowStreetANovel9780345532367.acsm? RetailerID=StateOFOhio&Expires=1331490882&Token=aa40d5ad-3fe1-4209-9861-10302760705f&Signature=6Shaiy3%2fZqW%2f%2f9zAWEe%2fZSnDr48%3d"
    Any Ideas? The library, Ohio E-Books and Overdrive itself have not been able to help.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeoncomputers View Post
    you should uninstall the driver by initializing the tablet to go into the firmware flash mode, then going into the Device Manager and right-click > Uninstall

then unplug the USB port, power off the tablet, and start the method(s) from the beginning, which should prompt you to install the driver again.
    Well I tried doing that but I'm not getting a prompt to install drivers. Now my tablet just charges when I connect to my pc through usb. I don't get any notifications in windows about installing drivers for the device either, and it doesn't show up in device manager anymore. Don't know why this has become so complicated, the first time I installed the drivers it worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by diamelo View Post
    Well I tried doing that but I'm not getting a prompt to install drivers. Now my tablet just charges when I connect to my pc through usb. I don't get any notifications in windows about installing drivers for the device either, and it doesn't show up in device manager anymore. Don't know why this has become so complicated, the first time I installed the drivers it worked just fine.
    I would have to recommend to try the firmware flashing on another computer.

This should determine if your tablet is the culprit or your computer is.

Currently Offline Beta *
    eyeoncomputers I have been going Through quite a lot of ployer firmware images and this thread has been by far the most useful so - great job.

My tablet is not an Iview ( The oem is Simmtronics but they dont provide any firmware what so ever) but the 20120225 ICS build works best out of about 20 other builds for a ployer momo9 that I have tried

Now for the question
    I have the 4 Gb , 03MP version and am using the 20120225 ICS build as i said previously and I`m having a weird g sensor issue. It works fine on most things but on a few racing games it detects as if its going always to one side ( right ) and you need to completely turn it the other way to get a response . Do you know of any way to calibrate ?
    Last edited by ignanik; 03-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ignanik View Post
    eyeoncomputers I have been going Through quite a lot of ployer firmware images and this thread has been by far the most useful so - great job.

My tablet is not an Iview ( The oem is Simmtronics but they dont provide any firmware what so ever) but the 20120225 ICS build works best out of about 20 other builds for a ployer momo9 that I have tried

Now for the question
    I have the 4 Gb , 03MP version and am using the 20120225 ICS build as i said previously and I`m having a weird g sensor issue. It works fine on most things but on a few racing games it detects as if its going always to one side ( right ) and you need to completely turn it the other way to get a response . Do you know of any way to calibrate ?
    Interesting timing for your post.

I am testing a new 4.0.3 firmware (97F1-D1-H2-H01-N412.20120305) that just released for the 0.3MP camera models. I will upload it today.

As for calibration for the G-sensors, I am not sure how to calibrate it in ICS... never came up I guess.

I recommend the free game "Labyrinth" for my G-sensor tests.

UPDATE:
    2012-03-16 .... 4:30PM GMT-8

uploaded a new ICS 4.0.3 build.... for the 0.3MP camera model

97F1-D1-H2-H01-N412.20120305

Download here:
    4.0.3-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N412.20120305

Quick findings:
    - clean ICS 4.0.3, unbranded, rooted, English by default
    - this firmware was made specifically for models with the 0.3MP camera
    - Market has locked apps again (my script does fix it, run it immediately after the firmware flash)
    - preloaded with GApps, Abode Reader and Flash player

Enjoy.
    Last edited by eyeoncomputers; 03-17-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Currently Offline Beta **
    Quote Originally Posted by ignanik View Post

Now for the question
    Under the individual game control try settings other Options then default, if not mistaken they have Options A, B , C. That's for Asphalt 6 I tried.

Currently Offline Beta **
    Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Under the individual game control try settings other Options then default, if not mistaken they have Options A, B , C. That's for Asphalt 6 I tried.
    This is a known accelerometer bug in Asphalt 6 that affects all devices with ICS. I have the same issue on my Galaxy Nexus. Gameloft has not updated that game since ICS came out. So, not an issue specific to this tablet. And yes, there are other control schemes in the game that allow you touch the screen for steering as an alternative.

On a different topic, has anyone else experienced a bug where if they touch the screen, it will register the touch somewhere else on the screen? I have seen this with pretty much all of the various ICS firmwares for the 760TPC (I have the 8GB/2MP model). It almost seems like a software bug, because every once in a while, you touch the screen, and it seems to register the touch on the spot that you previously touched. For example, if you're in Google Play looking for apps, you hit the back button at the bottom, and then go to click on another app (and you're touching nowhere near the bottom of the screen)... it will register a touch on the back button again.