+ Reply to Thread
    Currently Offline Beta

Cannot Save New APN Settings in Android 4.0.3 ICS MOMO9

Hi,

I have got my MOMO9 Tablet with Android ICS last week and I was trying to connect my ZTE AC2737 USB Dongle which driver is already supported by MOMO9, but when I Fill all the required parameters in new APN list and click on save button from the menu, it just disappears, and no entry comes in to APN list (Data Enabled was already Checked).

I don't understand what is wrong, is it the bug of Android ICS?

Please help me out in this

2. 1949deal 728
    Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozefa View Post
    Hi,

I have got my MOMO9 Tablet with Android ICS last week and I was trying to connect my ZTE AC2737 USB Dongle which driver is already supported by MOMO9, but when I Fill all the required parameters in new APN list and click on save button from the menu, it just disappears, and no entry comes in to APN list (Data Enabled was already Checked).

I don't understand what is wrong, is it the bug of Android ICS?

Please help me out in this
    After finish fill apn, don't click save button. You must wait 5-10 second then click back button (left bottom). Apn will auto save.

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi,

Thanks for the advice.
    I tried exactly what you said and almost wait for more than 10mins and still the result was same.
    May be this has to do with MOMO9?
    Please Advice.

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi,

Thanks for the advice.
    I tried exactly what you said and almost wait for more than 10mins and still the result was same.
    May be this has to do with MOMO9?
    Please Advice.
    After wait 5-10 second you have to click back (left bottom), do not click save new apn. Did you?.
    If still not detected, may be you need flash it with new ROM, or you can buy another modem type (huawei e173 for gsm, ec156 for evdo), or you buy wifi router (about $20-$50).

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkoh View Post
    Hi
    I got a ONN M6 and do a factory reset

The above is one of the sympton that ICS is not working
    I just can not save any of the system setting eg APN

worst still every time the tablet reboot

I have to start all over again
    ie I have to change language etc

Please advice

Thanks and regards
    I think you must change ROM. Download link : Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by bowobw View Post
    After wait 5-10 second you have to click back (left bottom), do not click save new apn. Did you?.
    If still not detected, may be you need flash it with new ROM, or you can buy another modem type (huawei e173 for gsm, ec156 for evdo), or you buy wifi router (about $20-$50).
    Hi,

Yes I did Click Bottom Left "Back" Button after waiting but still result was same.
    I don't think It has to do anything with my USB Dongle.
    Thanks, Let me know if you get any more clue.

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi,

Yes I did Click Bottom Left "Back" Button after waiting but still result was same.
    I don't think It has to do anything with my USB Dongle.
    Thanks, Let me know if you get any more clue.
    Try change with another ROM, you can download it from here
    Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Currently Offline Beta

ONN M6 tablet issue

I had exactly the same problem on my ONN M6 tablet.

@bowobw
    Please, what are the steps to change my ROM using the files attached in the link given ? I need your assistance pls.

Currently Offline Beta

Smile FIX now prepared!

Hi

I have had this issue also on a Allwinner based tab (LY-F8S 3G). There has been many suggestions on how to solve this issue. I was about to flash other firmware when I somehow combined the different solutions presented. This issue has to do with not beeing able to save APN in ICS+.

Here is a little quick walkthrough:

1. Make sure you have root access. There are several apps on Google play who will do this. Some say that many Allwinner tabs are pre-rooted.

2. Google search and download hiapn.apk (sometimes different name like hidroid.hiapn.global.apk and others)

3. Use a root enabled file browser/manager (ES, File Expert or Root Explorer) in order to move the hiapn.apk to folder /system/app.

4. Tap hiapn.apk in your file browser and accept anything it asks for. Just make sure it gets installed as a system app.

5. Reboot your device and then locate the HiAPN app in your launcher. Tap.

6. From here it should be possible to actually save the APN you neeed. I believe ICS+ will scan your network carrier for correct APN settings (if else reply and i will suggest).

7. Look at this image
    and just tap on the "Auto set APN". I will ask if you want to reset APNs first. Allow this.

8. Reboot device and you should now have 3G data connection (US=WCDMA connection)

9. Do like me and say yes as you smilingly browses the web using your on-device 3G module.

Good luck! Hope it works. Else reply.

Currently Offline Beta
    I too face the same exact problem, trying to use a Vodafone 3g stick with my Momo12 (RK3066, Android 4.1.1, TNT2 ROM).
    I tried to run the walkthrough, but got stuck at step 4, as HiAPN fails to install. Any suggestions?