+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    [GUIDE] How to Upgrade your Hyundai A7 Firmware

    Open Up Livesuit V1.07

    if anything pops up just hit no



    load up your firmware image by hitting the 3d cube image on the left



    connect your A7, if its on shut it down by leaving the power button pressed until a prompt to shutdown appears, hit yes or do a hard shutdown by just leaving the power button pressed untill it shutsdown.

    Then press the power button and upgrade button located next to the mini hdmi port with a pin



    a pop up will come up



    Choose the one that you like, then confirm.

    progress starts

    wait till its done

    an empty popup will appear that means ok its done

    your tablet should be rebooting by iteself

    walla new firmware. enjoy

    Guide made by me DJTommy. Give thanks

    Latest Firmware Image found here:

    Source: ??-

    Download Link: ATF - A7 firmware upgrade package-V4.03-10-20120310 - Download Now!

    Links courtesy of Mod Dansplans from Flashmyandroid.com

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJTommy For This Useful Post:

    bunanson (03-16-2012), dfranz (03-16-2012)

  3. #2
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    75
    Coins
    0.195
    You are my hero!

    bun

  4. #3
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    The 1st few step is ok until I m stuck at here
    " Then press the power button and upgrade button located next to the mini hdmi port with a pin "

    I press the power and upgrade button together but nothing came out.

    I m using window 7 home 64bit.

  5. #4
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    While I don't yet have this tablet, on my current tab you have to hold the pin in for about 3 seconds. A quick push won't work. Just a thought.

  6. #5
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    I STUCK!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! Ran a bunch of scripts to give me the market and somehow screwed my machine. I can't get this upgrade sequence correct to flash my machine. I've searched all over the net to find good instructions (hold pin down, plug in usb, hit power 10 times crap) and none of it works with Livesuit. I've even tried different versions of livesuit all the way to version 1.09. Somehow the machine got formatted so that the app storage space is gone and the internal SD is almost empty. Any help would be appreciated guys.

  7. #6
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    I STUCK!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! Ran a bunch of scripts to give me the market and somehow screwed my machine. I can't get this upgrade sequence correct to flash my machine. I've searched all over the net to find good instructions (hold pin down, plug in usb, hit power 10 times crap) and none of it works with Livesuit. I've even tried different versions of livesuit all the way to version 1.09. Somehow the machine got formatted so that the app storage space is gone and the internal SD is almost empty. Any help would be appreciated guys.
    thats because your doing it completely wrong.

    connect the usb cable to the tablet with it on, then open livesuite, select the firmware image then shutdown your tablet with the usb cable hooked on. once its off completely not on standby or sleeping completely off, you take a pin and press the upgrade button and the power button untill the popup i showed on the guide comes up by itself. you have to hold the buttons until that popup shows up.


    the hit the power 10 times crap does not apply to this one

  8. #7
    Currently Offline Beta *
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Coins
    0.151

    hyundai a7

    Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    I STUCK!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! Ran a bunch of scripts to give me the market and somehow screwed my machine. I can't get this upgrade sequence correct to flash my machine. I've searched all over the net to find good instructions (hold pin down, plug in usb, hit power 10 times crap) and none of it works with Livesuit. I've even tried different versions of livesuit all the way to version 1.09. Somehow the machine got formatted so that the app storage space is gone and the internal SD is almost empty. Any help would be appreciated guys.
    let me know if you managed to get the market, i tried the allwiner a10 script, but nothing happened. I hera that 4.03 is buggy, i want to stay with 4.01 and to get a market, please share if you know how

  9. #8
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTommy View Post
    thats because your doing it completely wrong.

    connect the usb cable to the tablet with it on, then open livesuite, select the firmware image then shutdown your tablet with the usb cable hooked on. once its off completely not on standby or sleeping completely off, you take a pin and press the upgrade button and the power button untill the popup i showed on the guide comes up by itself. you have to hold the buttons until that popup shows up.


    the hit the power 10 times crap does not apply to this one
    Tried this but I get "Jump to upgrade mode fails" on Livesuit. I'll try again from a real windows machine. I suspect the issue is because I'm running Windows XP in a virtual machine on my mac. I hear the device get recognized and then a few seconds later, it makes the removal sound. Damn. Gotta go dig out my old netbook.

  10. #9
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by petar_danchev View Post
    let me know if you managed to get the market, i tried the allwiner a10 script, but nothing happened. I hera that 4.03 is buggy, i want to stay with 4.01 and to get a market, please share if you know how
    I'll update this thread with the script that works for me on 4.0.3.

  11. #10
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    Tried this but I get "Jump to upgrade mode fails" on Livesuit. I'll try again from a real windows machine. I suspect the issue is because I'm running Windows XP in a virtual machine on my mac. I hear the device get recognized and then a few seconds later, it makes the removal sound. Damn. Gotta go dig out my old netbook.
    So this was all me. I finally got it working by doing the following:
    1. Plugging in the device while it was completely booted up (with USB Debugging enabled).
    2. Open the Livesuit app. Choose your IMG file
    3. Press and hold the shutdown button until the device turns off.
    4. Put a paperclip in the hole and the press and hold the power button. The livesuit software will react (mine minimized itself). At that point you can release both the power button and the paperclip.
    5. Follow the instructions to flash your IMG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts