+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    finally someone else has butterflies - I thought I was the only one lol

now just need to check if people with this version are having sound problems like me or not?

That is the only problem I have - my speakers sound shot but the audio from headphone port is perfect

Yes my audio is very low, but ear phones are great. Guess it will get fixed soon. I had another tab and it took a year before it was premo

2. 1949deal 728
    Currently Offline Beta *
    It seems so strange with the audio

the speaker sounded tinny with version 1.58b but was just bareable (like a really naff laptop volume) but when it updated automatically to 1.62b the sound was awful.

Sound can just be heard on maximum vol and it sounds just like the speakers damaged, it sounds better if you put the headphones in the socket and just leave them on the table and stand two feet away and via the headphones not the speakers - are yours that bad? - cant even listen to music in a quiet room via the internal speakers.

I still think its a software audio driver problem as the chance of the speaker going down the day of the upgrade seems too coincidental.

I am interested in obtaining replacement speakers just in case but I personally think they are ok.

Does anyone know where I can get spairs to fit sanei N10 quad as the seller cant help.

The unit is otherwise perfect so understandably, I am reluctant to send it back.

Please please help - its driving me nuts

Cheers
    Last edited by Slippy; 12-31-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Clarifying message

In my case the sound is very low in fw 1.58b and fw 1.62b when watching movies, when playing music the sound is louder than in playing movies I tried different player but the sound still very low. No problem with headphones.

Currently Offline Beta *
    Cheers for the info guys

Like I said before, if I plug my supplied headphones in and place them on the table not in my ears and step two feet away and play some music or video they sound better than the internal speakers and they are not even in my ears!!

I would appreciate it if you guys could try the same test as "quiet" means different things to different people - Please supply results.

I have got so annoyed with the sound I opened my pad and discovered......

1 speaker was dead - checked the onboard audio output and its good but the speaker is def. dead, not a peep from it.
    The other speaker looks older but just about works - so not a matched set - prob junk lot of speakers.

Checked the audio output from the board and it runs about 1.2w output

Checked speakers and they are only 4 ohm (expected) but output are : 0.2w norm, 0.5w max so speakers way too low - will def blow!!!!

I have contacted a speaker salesperson for replacements.

They do have the correct size and they have 4ohm or 8 ohm with output 0.8w norm, 1.2w max, so should be much better.

Not sure of price as they have not got back but I suspect only a few pounds.

The dimensions for your ref are: width = 20mm, depth = 10mm, height = 4mm and are prewired with red and black wires.

The speakers are rectangle shape with rounded ends - sausage shape (======) like this and the measurement above relate to them in than orientation.

As they are just stuck to a sticky pad you do have a little margin for larger size but only a few mm more.

If this fix works I'll prob. order a few sets more and poss. offer a modding service or sales kits in the near future.

Lets keep the information flowing guys as information is power.

Hope you all have a "HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR"

Peace out

Slippy

Coins
    Cheers for the info guys

Like I said before, if I plug my supplied headphones in and place them on the table not in my ears and step two feet away and play some music or video they sound better than the internal speakers and they are not even in my ears!!

I would appreciate it if you guys could try the same test as "quiet" means different things to different people - Please supply results.

I have got so annoyed with the sound I opened my pad and discovered......

1 speaker was dead - checked the onboard audio output and its good but the speaker is def. dead, not a peep from it.
    The other speaker looks older but just about works - so not a matched set - prob junk lot of speakers.

Checked the audio output from the board and it runs about 1.2w output

Checked speakers and they are only 4 ohm (expected) but output are : 0.2w norm, 0.5w max so speakers way too low - will def blow!!!!

I have contacted a speaker salesperson for replacements.

They do have the correct size and they have 4ohm or 8 ohm with output 0.8w norm, 1.2w max, so should be much better.

Not sure of price as they have not got back but I suspect only a few pounds.

The dimensions for your ref are: width = 20mm, depth = 10mm, height = 4mm and are prewired with red and black wires.

The speakers are rectangle shape with rounded ends - sausage shape (======) like this and the measurement above relate to them in than orientation.

As they are just stuck to a sticky pad you do have a little margin for larger size but only a few mm more.

If this fix works I'll prob. order a few sets more and poss. offer a modding service or sales kits in the near future.

Lets keep the information flowing guys as information is power.

Hope you all have a "HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR"

Peace out

Slippy
    1.2 watts should sound good for the little tab, I will try to check mine tomorrow. jump to dummy load and scope it.

Currently Offline Beta *
    I hope they sound good as I love the tab other than the sound.

The only other mod I think I would consider is changing the internal drive (16G micro sd - used as S.S.D.) which is only class 4 speed and
    replace it with a 32G class 10.

For people not in the know the class speed dictates the access times - class 4 = 4MB/Sec class 10 = 10MB/Sec etc.

This should speed the access time up a fraction and give me approx 28G free internal space to play with.

By adding the same to the external micro sd slot, this should make this tablet a monster with a whopping 60G+ free storage, yummie !!!!!

Just need to work out how to clone the original internal card to a new 32G.

MMMM....... maybe I should carve a shape of a pear (or other fruit) out of the back of the tab and light it up!........er.....maybe not lol.

Lets get modding !!!!!

Coins
    Sandisk class 4 mobil pro is much faster than a class 10. What you want for you OS is random read and random write. The sandisk that is in the devise is just a run of the mill sandisk class 4. Im going with the 32 gig sandis clas 4 mobil pro or extream or some shit like that. Their are some chart on it. Just google. Im just want to install a flux capacitor in mine.

Currently Offline Beta *

CARDS, DATA, SPEED and SOUND

Still a little confused about the new cards

the mobil pro sounds good with the high access speed but its nearly twice the price of its nearest competitor and bench tested somewhere I read it is great for file transfer but normal usage, access times are only about 3% increase over others.

so it sounds fantastic at transferring say 2 GB of data but not much of a difference in watching videos or accessing files on the fly.

The other thing we need to keep in mind is natural wastage due to the weakest link, which most prob. will be these tablets, so not much point in having a mega fast card in a tablet that can only access it at 30% of its maximum speed.

I think some speed test on the tablets are in order to get the card and the tablet properly matched up.

With regard to the speakers - that was a no no, I am afraid - will only supply large quantity so I am going to try another stockist but I'm not giving up.

Any ideas are most welcome

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc8 View Post
    Im just want to install a flux capacitor in mine.
    I think that this will also solve problems with battery.
    Ampe A10 - Freescale i.MX6 Quad-core, Android 4.0.4, stock rom mod 1.5A - rooted

Coins
    Still a little confused about the new cards

the mobil pro sounds good with the high access speed but its nearly twice the price of its nearest competitor and bench tested somewhere I read it is great for file transfer but normal usage, access times are only about 3% increase over others.

so it sounds fantastic at transferring say 2 GB of data but not much of a difference in watching videos or accessing files on the fly.

The other thing we need to keep in mind is natural wastage due to the weakest link, which most prob. will be these tablets, so not much point in having a mega fast card in a tablet that can only access it at 30% of its maximum speed.

I think some speed test on the tablets are in order to get the card and the tablet properly matched up.

With regard to the speakers - that was a no no, I am afraid - will only supply large quantity so I am going to try another stockist but I'm not giving up.

Any ideas are most welcome

Yea, other on this forum have tried the class 10, and did not see much improvment. I'm now happy with a functional tabblet.