+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SmartQ Ten4 comparison

Currently Offline Founder
    Coins

SmartQ Ten4 comparison

SmartQ Ten4 compared to Window N90 Dual and Teclast A10 Dual.

Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

2. Rikomagic 728
    Currently Offline Ice Cream Sandwich ***
    Coins

Sweet

Thanks, Dro
    I think we can tell on the side views which is which. The white is the N90; silver the A10 ..black the new Ten4.

The frontal side by side pix shows the Ten4 on the left, right?

This looks to be one sweet tab, just making me want it even more. Hope you get some time to give us more impressions regarding performance; wifi...etc.

Thanks again.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaPanda View Post
    Thanks, Dro
    I think we can tell on the side views which is which. The white is the N90; silver the A10 ..black the new Ten4.

The frontal side by side pix shows the Ten4 on the left, right?

This looks to be one sweet tab, just making me want it even more. Hope you get some time to give us more impressions regarding performance; wifi...etc.

Thanks again.
    Yes, in the last 5 photos Ten4 is on the left.

I will update this post with more info.
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Coins
    I am looking forward to more info.

I am sure you know that you probably have somewhat of a 'SCOOP' actually having a Ten4 to work with. I have searched high and low. Other forums, like Slatedroid and Androidtablets.net have nothing but old news on this tab.

Of course the possibility is that I am OVERLY enthused about this tab. It may not be that much of a big deal when all is said and done.

I will shut up now!

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaPanda View Post
    I am looking forward to more info.

I am sure you know that you probably have somewhat of a 'SCOOP' actually having a Ten4 to work with. I have searched high and low. Other forums, like Slatedroid and Androidtablets.net have nothing but old news on this tab.

Of course the possibility is that I am OVERLY enthused about this tab. It may not be that much of a big deal when all is said and done.

I will shut up now!
    You wont find much more info as i have the only pre-production unit
    I dont know what else to test, the device is very similar to T30 just different screen.

Also with 4470 and 2GB RAM the Ten4 will probably cost 100USD more then RK 9.7 devices and ppl only buy the cheapest so i doubt there is enough interest for the device, like with the reast of SmartQ models

Coins
    Ok. We can read about the T30 and get the gist of how it performs.

Questions though.
    Is it loaded with Jelly Bean?
    Does it have Google Play loaded?
    Does it creak, or is it solidly built?
    It really looks thin compared to the A10. How thin might it be compared to the iPad I am typing on?
    What camera setup does it have? How about placement? The single cam on the A10t is very poorly placed.
    Any light bleed around the screen? My A10 has bleed from one side when viewed at an angle (ok straight on).

Thanks

Coins
    Have updated with screens here:
    SmartQ Ten4 discussion

1. 4.1
    2. Play = Yes

As this is a pre-production sample there is no point to talk much about the built quality as the shell, specs and screen may actually change.

I will a battery test and update again, all i can say for know that the performance is on pair with T30 and the thin design really makes it feel very nice in hand.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by andropos View Post
    You wont find much more info as i have the only pre-production unit
    I dont know what else to test, the device is very similar to T30 just different screen.

Also with 4470 and 2GB RAM the Ten4 will probably cost 100USD more then RK 9.7 devices and ppl only buy the cheapest so i doubt there is enough interest for the device, like with the reast of SmartQ models
    BP, I can see why you are so excited about this as it looks like a really top notch unit, but Dro makes sense. While it is true that SmartQ makes really good devises, their marketing strategy has placed them in no-man's land for international sales.

They are the top of the line Chinapad and are not competing with the popular lines like Onda and Teclast whose goal is to provide a decent tablet at a decent price point. This marketing strategy place them in the same ballpall at Archo and and other mid price tablets available in the West at retail stores and with decent warrantees.

They may be top of the line in China, but just another unknown mid-range tabket internationally. Internatinal sales will be weak and so too is the support. Fortunately, SmartQ do gives great support.
    heavyarms likes this.

Coins
    I really was not aware of that. I had actually thought the brand was marketed better.

I have been fooling with China tabs for a short while now, and one of the things I have been looking for was a well built, well designed 9.7" aPad to actually compete with Apple. I also knew such a tab wold be priced a bit higher than the run of mill China tabs out here.

Why not look to Samsung, Asus or one of the bigger players that use Android? Well, for me it was the size choices they mainly went with ...10.1" ....for me just not ideal. When we think on it, 10.1" may not be ideal for many folk. Apple seems to think so.

Plus the big boys using Android most always limit what you can do with them, just like Apple. I am using an iPad to type this, but it is so frustrating not to be able to do some of the normal things; like cut and paste ...that I can do with my A10 t. I know Android lends itself to better control than Apple anyway, but more is always better ...right?

Thanks for letting me vent. Now to save my coins for the Ten4. Looks as if I may have some time to save.

Coins
    Actually KB ..I am curious about marketing China tabs in general.

You mention retail stores for SmartQ. Who might these be? To be honest, it has been a long time since I have been into a Best Buy or equivalent here in AL, but the last time it was all Asus, Samsung and Sony for Android.

So when we speak to marketing, are we talking about on line sales for China tabs in general? To be honest ...when I have my A10 with me, people think it is an iPad to start, and then when they find out it is Android they are more curious. Then when I start telling them how to get one, and the pitfalls surrounding actually buying one, they lose interest quickly. They do not want the trouble.

So is marketing of China tabs done in different way in other parts of the world? For where I live, there is a limited number of folks ...mainly forum readers and geeks, who are willing to take the leap of faith to actually order a tab from China.