+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pipo M9 Firmware Downloads

Currently Offline 2.0/2.1 Eclair ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by spectra9 View Post
    Anyway, just got some time to test the M9, regarding the flickering issue, I can honestly say that I don't see it from any distance, with or without wearing contact lenses. Either my eyes are not sensitive enough to see it, or my screen just doesn't have this problem. Certainly hope it's the latter
    Well that's good.

After testing it some more, I think it's stable at around -40dBm to -35dBm, maybe the -28dBm is just a fluke. My router is TP-LINK WR841N
    What do you mean by "stable"? It was acting "odd" in some manner when it was -28db, or the average is about -35 to -40db?

I'm not familiar with standard Android UI since this is my first Android gadget .
    At about 1:08 in that clip, and near the end at 1:45, is what I want to see--the typical desktop or home page.

However all the fancy dials and buttons you see are just widgets which you can remove/add from the widget page. So you can clean it completely, and just add the app shortcuts you want instead. I'm not sure if this is what you meant though.
    Yeah I know, but the problem is I can't "add from the widget page" to the desktop because of this interface or layout!

Downloaded too but not yet tested. I'm also considering using the FW at Pipo M9 V2 4.2.2 TNT R2 | Rockchip Firmware. Flashing method seems to be more complicated, so I'm still gathering more info about this flashing, backup, CWM stuffs.
    I don't understand this:
    "1. In RKTools/RKAndroidTool run RKAndroidTool.exe and make sure only recovery is checked off."
    I don't see any "RKTools/RKAndroidTool" on my tablet!

I like the fact it's got "Clockwork Mod Recovery and RKAndroid Tool" on it, however, it seems like you have to have the fw installed in order to use the "RKAndroid Tool" so that you can install it! It's a causality loop!

I've been getting weird battery reading with this one, things like jumping from 20% to 9% after only 4 minutes of running Antutu, not charging pass 81% etc. so I'm currently researching about this first. Already successfully rooted it though, and now trying some battery calibration apps, hope I can get some improvement.
    Oh my, that's more screwed up than my first one.

How exactly did you root it?

I'm also curious about the description "Mobile Network Signal" in the battery details page. Since this is a non-3G tablet, I'm not sure why it's even there. Furthermore, the bar is all red, it's as if it's looking for radio signal but can't find any.
    That's for any external 3G dongles. I never understood those graphs. They don't seem to make any sense.

You mean the USB ports on your PC?
    Yes.

As far as rooting goes, I think you can still do it because I don't think it requires USB 2.0 speed, the files are pretty small. Flashing FW is a different matter though
    Exactly. Actually it was a root program that destroyed my USB 2.0 ports! It never did this with my first tablet. But when I tried it on the M9, (it didn't work), and when I removed the USB cable I saw at the XP System Tray area those pop-ups about 'new hardware found' or something like that, and it installing drivers, then I got the warning pop-ups about (to paraphrase) 'USB devices would work faster if connected to a Hi-Speed 2.0 port'!!!!!

I tried removing all USB entires from the Device Manager, but of course my keyboard and mouse quit working. So I had to hit the 'reset' button and when it restarted NONE of my USB devices worked! PS/2 mouse wouldn't even work! So I then had to connect a PS/2 keyboard and navigate the XP OS for several hours with a frickin' keyboard trying to fix it. The USB devices worked in DOS and in the POST (and BIOS) so I knew it was not hardware and it was an OS issue.

Doing a restore didn't work! Doing a "Last known good configuration" did not work either! Recovery Console didn't work, nor did chkdsk /R. Doing the "Update" on the Drivers tab kept installing the same, and correct, drivers! I tried different ones from XP, but only one set will "work".

After about NINE HOURS over a 2 night period (jacking around with that keyboard only) I finally at least got control back. But all USB ports are still at 1.1 speeds, and I still can't get a frickin' PS/2 mouse to work so I still can't remove all USB entries from the Device Manager!

You can't force install any (M$) USB2.0 drivers, because, they don't exist!! They are part of XP SP1a, and I tried to install the USB2.0 patch and it said 'This is for SP1a only'!!! I even went so far as to extract SP1a, SP2, and SP3 and get all of the *usb*.inf files from it and tried to use those drivers, nothing. My mobo doesn't have USB drivers because, again, it's part of the XP OS!

I've exhausted all of my knowledge on this one! I've never seen anything like this and I don't know WTF to do now.

2. TinyDeal 728
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Syti Beats View Post
    and I also tested the JB 4.2.2 with multi users V2 for David Vithal when he posted it on Youtube via Facebook, which works great. Multiple Users and it's Rooted.
    Link?

The best way to get answers from Pipo in my experience is to friend them and harass them on Facebook.
    LOL.

I heard that it's not the M9's problem per say, it's the RK3188 that has issues with Netflix, so tablets that use that chip have the issue. Please keep us posted on this.

Currently Offline Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Link?

LOL.

I heard that it's not the M9's problem per say, it's the RK3188 that has issues with Netflix, so tablets that use that chip have the issue. Please keep us posted on this.
    Here's the link> PIPO M9 4.2.2 rooted with Multi User V2

Yeah, I heard that it was a RK3188 problem too, they said they'll have their engineers look at it. And I will keep you guys posted on the Netflix issue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Syti Beats For This Useful Post:

Clint (05-17-2013)

Coins
    ....[....] Exactly. Actually it was a root program that destroyed my USB 2.0 ports! It never did this with my first tablet. But when I tried it on the M9, (it didn't work), and when I removed the USB cable I saw at the XP System Tray area those pop-ups about 'new hardware found' or something like that, and it installing drivers, then I got the warning pop-ups about (to paraphrase) 'USB devices would work faster if connected to a Hi-Speed 2.0 port'!!!!!

Etc., etc.
    I've heard of coincidental events but this one is most strange. I plugged one of my USB drives directly into the back of my mobo, and, it worked at USB2.0. It's the frickin' USB hub I'm using that crapped out! Everything is plugged into it! Hence all the slow speed warning pop-ups. I replaced the hub and everything is back to USB2.0 again. How, plugging the M9 into the hub (which I have done many times) and using that root program could destroy a hub, is beyond me. It wasn't the cable nor the power supply (it's powered), it was just the hub itself.

So once again, tonight I'm going to try and get this SOB rooted, and if that works I may then try a fw update.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Syti Beats View Post
    Here's the link> PIPO M9 4.2.2 rooted with Multi User V2

Yeah, I heard that it was a RK3188 problem too, they said they'll have their engineers look at it. And I will keep you guys posted on the Netflix issue.
    Thanks. ................

Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    What do you mean by "stable"? It was acting "odd" in some manner when it was -28db, or the average is about -35 to -40db?
    Sorry, maybe "stable" is not a good word for it. What I mean is "steady". It did reach -28dBm a few times but most of the time it will settle at -35 to -40dBm. Stability wise, I don't have a problem with WiFi even when it drop to -70dBm in my bathroom (just for testing purpose mind you ).

At about 1:08 in that clip, and near the end at 1:45, is what I want to see--the typical desktop or home page.

Yeah I know, but the problem is I can't "add from the widget page" to the desktop because of this interface or layout!
    Yeah I saw that. In my case, I can just remove all the widgets so the desktop is completely blank. Have you tried doing a long press on the "pinky widget" and see if it can be removed?

I don't understand this:
    "1. In RKTools/RKAndroidTool run RKAndroidTool.exe and make sure only recovery is checked off."
    I don't see any "RKTools/RKAndroidTool" on my tablet!

I like the fact it's got "Clockwork Mod Recovery and RKAndroid Tool" on it, however, it seems like you have to have the fw installed in order to use the "RKAndroid Tool" so that you can install it! It's a causality loop!
    The RKAndroidTool folder is under the RKTools(M9) folder in the zip file. My understanding so far is this is a 2-step process. First we flash CWM into recovery section of the tablet and after that, we boot the tablet into recovery(CWM) and use it to restore the 4.2 system files to the appropriate sections. You can look at[ROM] Pipo M9 V2 4.2.2 TNT R2 with CWM 6.0.3.1 for some discussion about it

Oh my, that's more screwed up than my first one.
    Yep. But after running the Battery Calibration app, it finally reach 100%. I'm still testing it now to see how the battery is draining.

How exactly did you root it?
    I use the method described in Guide - HOW TO - Root a RK3188 Device | VonDroid. However the batch file is missing one line, the instruction to copy SuperSU.apk over to the tablet. For ADB driver, I use the one included in PDANet package PdaNet+ -- Internet Sharing for Android. The one included in the zip didn't work for me.

That's for any external 3G dongles. I never understood those graphs. They don't seem to make any sense.
    That make some sense. However the presence of this bar makes me feel uneasy, like it's doing something useless which drains the battery unnecessarily.

Well, glad to see you've managed to sort out the USB ports problem. Good luck with the firmware upgrade. I may do it later but I want to see how's this battery issue's progressing first.

Coins
    Sorry, maybe "stable" is not a good word for it. What I mean is "steady". It did reach -28dBm a few times but most of the time it will settle at -35 to -40dBm. Stability wise, I don't have a problem with WiFi even when it drop to -70dBm in my bathroom (just for testing purpose mind you ).
    Ah yes...."testing". Yeah I've noticed that too; at first I was thinking that -72db or so would be bad, but it doesn't change the download speeds any if it's -75 or -35db.

Yeah I saw that. In my case, I can just remove all the widgets so the desktop is completely blank. Have you tried doing a long press on the "pinky widget" and see if it can be removed?
    But I still don't know if you see what is seen in the video at those points. No, it can't be removed, it's not exactly a widget or applet (look at the screenshots again), it's some kind of "overlay" GUI. And I still don't know if that's called the "Pipo launcher" or what.

The RKAndroidTool folder is under the RKTools(M9) folder in the zip file. My understanding so far is this is a 2-step process. First we flash CWM into recovery section of the tablet and after that, we boot the tablet into recovery(CWM) and use it to restore the 4.2 system files to the appropriate sections. You can look at[ROM] Pipo M9 V2 4.2.2 TNT R2 with CWM 6.0.3.1 for some discussion about it
    Ok I'll check that site, thanks. But I don't have any "RKAndroidTool" folder anywhere on my M9. That's what's confusing about having to add the fw update in order to have that folder, but you have to have the folder before you update!

I use the method described in Guide - HOW TO - Root a RK3188 Device | VonDroid. However the batch file is missing one line, the instruction to copy SuperSU.apk over to the tablet. For ADB driver, I use the one included in PDANet package PdaNet+ -- Internet Sharing for Android. The one included in the zip didn't work for me.
    Ok thanks. (Crap, you have to register to get it. )

That make some sense. However the presence of this bar makes me feel uneasy, like it's doing something useless which drains the battery unnecessarily.
    I haven't examined that area on my M9, but I don't think the bar is draining any power.

I may do it later but I want to see how's this battery issue's progressing first.
    If you're already using v4.2.2, to what exactly would you update or flash, to a custom 4.2?

Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Coins
    But I still don't know if you see what is seen in the video at those points. No, it can't be removed, it's not exactly a widget or applet (look at the screenshots again), it's some kind of "overlay" GUI. And I still don't know if that's called the "Pipo launcher" or what.
    That's too bad, at least if it's a widget you would be able to remove it. I wonder why not many M9 around has this UI, all the videos I've seen all show that blue desktop.

Ok I'll check that site, thanks. But I don't have any "RKAndroidTool" folder anywhere on my M9. That's what's confusing about having to add the fw update in order to have that folder, but you have to have the folder before you update!
    RKAndroidTool is a Windows program, it's not part of the tablet. It's inside the M9_V2_4.2.2_TNT_CWM_R2.zip file along with the firmware backup files.

Regarding rooting, you can get the file from [VonDroid.com]-RK3188_ROOT_Fixed.zip | PutLocker. I've fixed the batch file in this one to install SuperSU properly.

If you're already using v4.2.2, to what exactly would you update or flash, to a custom 4.2?
    Yes. At first I just want to have root. But now since I've already rooted. probably not much different if I flash it again. I might try it later on when I want to start "clean"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spectra9 For This Useful Post:

Clint (05-21-2013)

Coins
    Regarding rooting, you can get the file from [VonDroid.com]-RK3188_ROOT_Fixed.zip | PutLocker. I've fixed the batch file in this one to install SuperSU properly.
    Nothing is working for me. First I tried "OneClickRoot" and after waiting FOREVER for it to (against my better judgment) download and install .NET 4.0 which it requires, it did nothing on both of my unrooted tablets (the M9 of course is one of them).

I then tried what you did and I get this:

*---* VonDroid.com N101 II Root Tool based on work by sunnydavid *---*
    --- Plug in your device, make sure debugging is enabled in Developer Options
    --- This script will now copy files over to your N101 II

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    ** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
    ADB server didn't ACK
    * failed to start daemon *
    error: cannot connect to daemon
    ADB server didn't ACK
    --- Reboot 1/3 - Press Space Bar once the device has rebooted
    Press any key to continue . . .

What's an "N101 II"???

I also tried to install that "PdaNetA4126" and it also didn't work! That text above is what I got after I installed it. Not only that, when it was running, I had no net access, and now I have a "disconnected" icon in my System Tray that I can't get rid of! (This is XP). I even have box for "Notify if no connection....." in its properties UNCHECKED. "Adb.exe" is running in the background.

I restarted the M9 and while it DID connect once, not again, and now I keep getting "HTC Sync error = -1" in a System Tray pop-up! Still can't get rid of that icon in the System Tray that always says "A network cable is unplugged"!
    Last edited by Clint; 05-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Coins
    I then tried what you did and I get this:

*---* VonDroid.com N101 II Root Tool based on work by sunnydavid *---*
    --- Plug in your device, make sure debugging is enabled in Developer Options
    --- This script will now copy files over to your N101 II

* daemon started successfully *
    ** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
    ADB server didn't ACK
    ADB server didn't ACK
    --- Reboot 1/3 - Press Space Bar once the device has rebooted
    Press any key to continue . . .

What's an "N101 II"???
    I read closer and see that it requires a few reboots. (All those error messages threw me). But how exactly do you "reboot", and is it the M9 or your PC that you reboot?? If the M9, do you touch "Turn off USB storage" after each time you restart the tablet then turn it back on each time? Or do you just press the power button while you're on that USB storage running screen?

Now when I right click the PDAnet icon in the System Tray and click "Connect internet (USB)" (what does that mean anyway?), I get: "Please start PDA on your phone and enable USB tether mode". WTF???

Each time I try something different happens! Does PDAnet have to be running before you click the batch file?
    Last edited by Clint; 05-18-2013 at 11:22 AM.