+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VX610W vs A710

  1. #1
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6

    Question VX610W vs A710

    I need to know which is the better tablet a link to the "A710" tablet is here:
    A710 7" Capacitive Screen Ultra Slim 4GB Tablet Computer (White) CE0020W - $114.10 - Affordable Tablet PC.
    I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

  2. OrientDeal 728
  3. #2
    Currently Offline 1.6 Donut ***
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by absdragon View Post
    I need to know which is the better tablet a link to the "A710" tablet is here:
    A710 7" Capacitive Screen Ultra Slim 4GB Tablet Computer (White) CE0020W - $114.10 - Affordable Tablet PC.
    I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
    Of the 2 I would choose the VX610w, only because Onda is better known and is going to be better built with more support. That said I know from your previous post you are concerned about ICS support. Have you throught about the Teclast P76TI. It is the same general form factor, also from a larger company so it should have good support. In addition ICS 4.0 Beta is available on this tablet.

    I know where to download firmware for Teclast and Onda. Do you know where to download firmware for the A710?

  4. #3
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6

    Gemei G2

    I just found a tablet with identical specs to the vx610w except that it has 1GB ram. Should i buy it is is only $5-$10 more expensive.

    Link:
    Gemei G2 7" 5-Point Capacitive Touch Screen Android 2.3 System Tablet PC with 2160P HDMI, WiFi, 3G (Black) CE0023B - $141.91 - Affordable Tablet PC
    OR
    GEMEI G2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Android 2.3 8GB 1GB RAM HDMI Camera

  5. #4
    Currently Offline Beta *
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by absdragon View Post
    I just found a tablet with identical specs to the vx610w except that it has 1GB ram. Should i buy it is is only $5-$10 more expensive.

    Link:
    Gemei G2 7" 5-Point Capacitive Touch Screen Android 2.3 System Tablet PC with 2160P HDMI, WiFi, 3G (Black) CE0023B - $141.91 - Affordable Tablet PC
    OR
    GEMEI G2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Android 2.3 8GB 1GB RAM HDMI Camera
    Onda have a firmware update which supposedly increases the memory to 1GB. However looking at the specs the G2 is listed as having an HDMI port but the Onda only has a component output so that could be a factor in your decision.

  6. #5
    Currently Offline 1.6 Donut ***
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by absdragon View Post
    I just found a tablet with identical specs to the vx610w except that it has 1GB ram. Should i buy it is is only $5-$10 more expensive.
    How is it $5-$10 more expensive? I see the Gemei G2 as being $135 shipped (through pandawill). The VX610W is $115 shipped (through Merimobiles). I see $20 from my viewpoint. That said the argument is valid. The folks on imp3.net are calling the Gemei G2 a gaming focused type tablet. With the higher memory is seems to run games more smoothly. Personally I think the Gemei G2 is a good choice if you're willing to spend the extra $20 bucks. It should let you can a bit more smoothly, and maybe navigate and run more apps at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cron0s View Post
    Onda have a firmware update which supposedly increases the memory to 1GB. However looking at the specs the G2 is listed as having an HDMI port but the Onda only has a component output so that could be a factor in your decision.
    The onda firmware update increases the ROM of the tablet not the RAM. This is how I understand it (some please correct me if I'm wrong).

    There are 3 ROM locations on the tablets. Internal memory, SDCard, and ExternSD. The Internal memory is where most applications are installed. The SDCard is actually a chunk of the 8GB or probably 6-7gb left after the os and the internal memory is partitioned out. The ExternSD is actually your MicroSD card. The Internal memory partition is what has been changed from 512mb to 1gb. I assume they did this because many applications are not provisioned with the "Move to SD Card" installation routines. This makes it eat up all of the more limited "internal memory".

  7. #6
    Currently Offline Beta *
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by suppin View Post
    The onda firmware update increases the ROM of the tablet not the RAM. This is how I understand it (some please correct me if I'm wrong).
    The translation I saw wasn't clear, but yes I agree it must be the ROM as it doesn't really make sense that a firmware upgrade could increase the physical RAM.

    Personally I'd go for the G2 over the VX610W, or have you considered the P76Ti which seems quite popular right now? Or you could wait a few weeks and see what the new Ainol 7" hi-res tabs are like.

  8. #7
    GFZ's Avatar
    GFZ
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    96
    We have a sample of the A710 and first impressions are not bad, wifi signal seems very good.

    Apparantly ICS 4.0 will be available soon if not already available, will try to update when we get some time.

    After the popularity of the Novo 7 Advanced we are looking forward to the new Novo 7 tablets.

  9. #8
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    48
    The so called A710 is the board name. The different "crane" devices (Allwinner A10 based) all have their board names, this one is the A710.
    Features:
    - MMA7660 Gsensor
    - 512MB RAM
    - 4/8/16GB NAND
    - microSD slot on the "bottom side"
    - ft5x_ts touchscreen
    - capacitive buttons (same module as the Novo 7A)
    - Realtek 8192CU USB WLAN with proper antennae (a lot better signal than the Novo7A)
    - Thin build, very light, good sound quality
    - No haptic feedback motor
    - Only front camera

    The tablets real name is Aura F1, by the manufacturer Pioneer. Their site is 深圳市灵韵先锋科技有限公司官网 --- 网站首页 , with downloads of firmwares, documents, etc.
    themsn likes this.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to fonix232 For This Useful Post:

    themsn (01-04-2012)

  11. #9
    Currently Offline Beta
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
    The tablets real name is Aura F1, by the manufacturer Pioneer. Their site is 深œ‚灵Ÿ…ˆ”‹‘Š€œ‰™…司˜‘ --- ‘™–页 , with downloads of firmwares, documents, etc.
    Thanks for the info!

    does anyone know how to edit the build.prop so that more apps will show up on the android market?
    basic apps like "talking tomcat" or "google voice" aren't showing up for me.

    and does anyone know if any custom roms are being developed for the Aura F1?

    thank you.

  12. #10
    Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    48
    I am doing development, CM9 is in the works (first I want to get a working new layout based on the Onda image, with u-boot, my custom kernel, etc), but as I posted here, I need some help with it. Mostly the device config needs reverse engineering, and such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts