+ Reply to Thread
    Lio
    Currently Offline Beta
    Coins

Question Info on Pipo M8 Pro - M9

Hello everyone,
    I am totally new to Android tablet, even if I use a tablet for years.
    I'm addicted to the PC, I work on it all the day (I'm now a retired woman), but I don't know anything about Androids, rom, flashing etc.... so be patient.
    After days of reading in this forum and in other forums dedicated to Android tablet, I have clarified my ideas and I think I have made ​​a choice.
    After nearly 4 years with my iPad (the first one) I have the need to have a second tablet.
    My choice fell on Pipo Max 8 Pro.
    From everything I've read, taking a tablet with retina display shortens the battery life and the same CPU does not seem to be powerful enough to handle it.
    Given that I use a lot my tablet but only to surf the web, check email, read e-books (epub and pdf) probably a quad core would be useless. But I'm not sure about the screen retina. For reading books retina makes the screen more readable or not?
    Between Pipo M8 Pro and Pipo M9, the reviews give the M8 Pro winning. But the Pipo M6 is now in pre sale.
    What do you recommend?
    I saw the review postd by Robertnl. In the pictures of that review I see that the tablet has its own cover. Is it included in shipment or is to be ordered separately?
    I have not found anywhere the matte screen protector anti finger print, none of you can tell me where I might find it?
    I've also read of tablet shipped with the power supply wrong, I hope it does not happen to me

Finally, one last question: is there an online retailer that is to be preferred?
    I saw McBub, geekbuying, ebay, etc. Obviously I would prefer a shop here in Canada, but I do not know what to do .....
    I'm really newbie ...... so every suggestion is very wellcome.
    Thanks for any help you can give me and sorry for my english: is not my native language.
    Have a great afternoon

2. Rikomagic 728
    Currently Offline Ice Cream Sandwich ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am totally new to Android tablet, even if I use a tablet for years.
    I'm addicted to the PC, I work on it all the day (I'm now a retired woman), but I don't know anything about Androids, rom, flashing etc.... so be patient.
    After days of reading in this forum and in other forums dedicated to Android tablet, I have clarified my ideas and I think I have made ​​a choice.
    After nearly 4 years with my iPad (the first one) I have the need to have a second tablet.
    My choice fell on Pipo Max 8 Pro.
    From everything I've read, taking a tablet with retina display shortens the battery life and the same CPU does not seem to be powerful enough to handle it.
    Given that I use a lot my tablet but only to surf the web, check email, read e-books (epub and pdf) probably a quad core would be useless. But I'm not sure about the screen retina. For reading books retina makes the screen more readable or not?
    Between Pipo M8 Pro and Pipo M9, the reviews give the M8 Pro winning. But the Pipo M6 is now in pre sale.
    What do you recommend?
    I saw the review postd by Robertnl. In the pictures of that review I see that the tablet has its own cover. Is it included in shipment or is to be ordered separately?
    I have not found anywhere the matte screen protector anti finger print, none of you can tell me where I might find it?
    I've also read of tablet shipped with the power supply wrong, I hope it does not happen to me

Finally, one last question: is there an online retailer that is to be preferred?
    I saw McBub, geekbuying, ebay, etc. Obviously I would prefer a shop here in Canada, but I do not know what to do .....
    I'm really newbie ...... so every suggestion is very wellcome.
    Thanks for any help you can give me and sorry for my english: is not my native language.
    Have a great afternoon
    As for who to buy from, those you mention are all ok. I say ok because they all can be frustrating.
    An example. I purchased a tab from Lightake. It was defective. I returned it. Finally it got there. Lightake so far is doing the right thing, but it sure was frustrating having the long wait in sending it back, and the cost involved.

I recommend Lightake, as they have done right by me, and they offer a very low cost DHS upgrade to the states.

As for the M6, I am hoping it has the quality of the M8 Pro. If it does, it should be awesome. The 10,000 mAh batt, with he 3166 should prove a good combo. If you like the slightly smaller 9.4" size ...the M8 Pro should prove to be fantastic as well.

I wish you well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BamaPanda For This Useful Post:

Lio (06-09-2013)

Currently Offline Beta
    Coins
    You are right regarding retina screens & GPU lag, probably need to wait another generation for faster GPU's to drive higher resolutions without lag or dropped video frames (movies)

As for Quad core, true if you're only browsing however they do feel very quick in use, I had a quad core phone and zippy in use. Compared to single core phone prior to that a lot of waiting around. Prices have dropped down, so not like paying a lot more for it. In use I noticed all for cores were being used and that wasn't for gaming. If quad core tablets are 20 more it's probably worth it for longevity.

The problem ordering from china is in case of faults, I had a Jirau phone and several faults, so had to return it. For a heavy item like a 10" looking at 30+

For font, I'd look around for PPI screen, 10" 1280x800 is probably stretching it. But if you got a 8" 1280x800 PPI will be higher, and font wll look better. tablets aren't perfect for reading, for books I'd get a e-reader as well. More suited- can read outside, longer battery life, and no strain on the eyes.

Currently Offline 2.3.x Gingerbread ***
    Coins
    Yeah i do get lag with my Zen Pinball game with the Aoson m33, to put in comparrison my Onda V812 gets 5000 in the Antutu 3d benchmark, the Aoson gets 2100 !, I dont think there is quite as much lag with the 10.1" 1900X1200 res tablets, and it could get better with the SDK 2.0 firmware release.