Thread: Assistance on Choosing a Tablet
08-19-2012 03:27 PM #1Android 1.0 ***
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Assistance on Choosing a Tablet
1) Is tablet support based on the SoC or the model?
Like the Elf II and Aurora II. Since they both have the same SoC, is it safe to assume if something works for Elf II, it would work on Aurora II?
2) Are the current SoC sufficient for 2-3years from now?
I know that the rk3066 is better than the aml8726-m6 GPU-wise, but because there's more Elf2 and Aurora2's out there, I'm assuming there'd be more support for aml8726-m6. Would a dual GPU be enough (I'm not sure if I'll need a quad-CPU)?
3) 1gb vs 2gb RAM.
I read the review on the SmartQT30 and am unsure should I wait for 2gb RAM. Is it significant or just noticeable?
08-19-2012 05:36 PM #2
2)Would you want to be using any tablet made 2-3 years ago? probably not.
3) 1GB is sufficient for now, but more is better in the long run.ASUS Vivotab Smart, Ployer Momo 12, Yuandao N80 IPS, Onda V801
08-20-2012 01:33 AM #3Android 1.0 ***
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
1) Oh. So where can I go check to figure out which model/SoC has better support (third party or manufacturer)?
2) Hahaha. True.
I'm figuring out if I should look for tabs with rk3066 or aml8726-m6. As one has more GPUs, while one is more common and so has better support and more compatible with more apps...I think.
3) More is better, but is it really needed? I played with friend's Transformer Prime and there's always a bunch of apps opened and it never seemed to lag. A bunch as in 15+ apps when I look in the apps button. And the Infinity and iPad3 has 1gb too.
I believe for me, it's ainol Elf2 vs PiPo U1 vs whatever else.
I'll only use it for ebook, browsing web, reading documents/powerpoints, movies/videos, and light gaming. It's also to replace my DS Lite as a portable gaming console. So it's basically support and GPUs as I believe dual-cores will suffice for me for 2-3years.
08-20-2012 02:27 AM #4
Best advice is to get as much tablet that you can afford, as in quad core over dual core, 2 gb ram over 1gb, etc. Do some research and see how popular a tablet, and it's manufacturer are. In the end you always have to just take a chance.
Sent from my JXD S9000 tabletASUS Vivotab Smart, Ployer Momo 12, Yuandao N80 IPS, Onda V801