+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 7" or 10" tablet?

Currently Offline Android 1.0 ***
    Quote Originally Posted by dfranz View Post
    Well said! Your joke trumps mine! Train with bags and son = 7 inch! I read in portrait mode on my 7, individual page mode, closer to feel of a book. I don't have my 7 with a keyboard case as didn't want the added bulk, but 7 inch keyboard is vastly different from typing on a 10, I've used both, 10 is a lot closer to laptop feel.
    I'm used to the samsung galaxy phone (4'') and can type quite easely (girl's fingers do have advantages) so I probably won't have problems typing on a 7''. Beeing light weighted is probably a heavy quality
    Last edited by patantao; 02-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Currently Offline Beta Team Member ***
    Coins
    Well there you have it then- Aurora wins the day! Let us know how it goes when you have had it for awhile.
    patantao likes this.
    Currently using FNF iFive Mini 3 ,Ramos W30, Dell Venue 8, Asus Memo Hd7
    Some that I have owned/used/tested Bmorn v99, Ainol Novo 9 Spark (Retina screen)Ainol Novo Basic, Ainol Novo Advanced, Ainol Novo Hero, Ramos w30, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, MeLe M8,uHost 1A, MK808, Samsung Galaxy Note. http://mcandroidexpert.com

Toronto based store: http://mcandroidworld.com/

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    @patantao
    Yes, I read ebooks every day on the 7". I think the 7" is better than my 10" for books because it is less bulky. I use FBreader for .epub files on both. I would think you'd be able to read subtitles on a 7" without difficulty.
    keyboard/case... not so sure that would be a benefit. Print on screen is small and having it away from you at keyboard distance will be difficult to see especially while in motion with the rocking of the train. You would have to zoom in on the screen, then type, then move page, type again, and so forth... Not good, I would think.

Thank you Surely will.
    I think I'll wait one more week though, before buying it. Stock is low this days...

Quote Originally Posted by HeSaid View Post
    @patantao
    Yes, I read ebooks every day on the 7". I think the 7" is better than my 10" for books because it is less bulky. I use FBreader for .epub files on both. I would think you'd be able to read subtitles on a 7" without difficulty.
    keyboard/case... not so sure that would be a benefit. Print on screen is small and having it away from you at keyboard distance will be difficult to see especially while in motion with the rocking of the train. You would have to zoom in on the screen, then type, then move page, type again, and so forth... Not good, I would think.
    No keyboard then, less expensive for me
    Guess aurora wins then.
    One more question, just to be sure: 3G external use works how? I don't know how they are called in english, but here we use an usb device, kind like a flash drive. Will it work with the Aurora?

Thanks
    Pat

Currently Offline 1.5 Cupcake ***
    It's called a "3G dongle". I don't know how well they work. I have not used one. You would need to be sure the make/model of a dongle is supported by the tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by HeSaid View Post
    It's called a "3G dongle". I don't know how well they work. I have not used one. You would need to be sure the make/model of a dongle is supported by the tablet.
    Thank you The thing is I already have a 3G dongle... so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Currently Offline Beta *
    i use my 7" o read and watck movies, never had any problem, and, as i walk a lot, never had any problems with the weight of it... i use it to draw to but i really never used to crate some word documents ore something, nothing that requires typing...

8 inch should be okay..or 9.7 inch..with IPS

Quote Originally Posted by pmuran View Post
    i use my 7" o read and watck movies, never had any problem, and, as i walk a lot, never had any problems with the weight of it... i use it to draw to but i really never used to crate some word documents ore something, nothing that requires typing...
    Those are the main ideas to use it for... Will work on it only if I have to. Reading, watching movies and browsing are the main things I want to do with it. Beeing light weighted is really a plus.
    Thanks!
    Pat