+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jinks534 is offline Beta
    Thanks a lot. I also watched some video's online and it looks like the newer android boxes from geniatech do a pretty good job also for XBMC. I will order one online and see what it can do for me.

2. 1949deal 728
    superlink is offline Beta
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by boni View Post
    I just received one of these. It seems like it has a lot of potential (right hardware features/ports, fast, etc.) but firmware's not quite ready. Right now, the latest firmware update comes rooted, but wifi doesn't work. In addition, I've not yet been able to get the sound to work (I've only tried HDMI, not SPDIF or analog). I'd be happy to hear from anyone who's solved these issues.

The remote is not a flymouse, but it is a pretty full, featured IR remote. Most of the functions appear to work.
    Wifi doesn't work??? Are you kidding me? I have one of these on the way, and the wifi doesn't work!!! How can you sell something advertised with wifi if it doesn't work???

boni is offline Beta
    Coins
    To be clear, the wifi worked fine with the original firmware the box was delivered with. It lost the wifi when I updated the firmware to the 20130327 version. The two subsequent firmwares have not restored the wifi.

eskro32 is offline Android 1.0 ***
    i think i'd stay away from box's without rj45 ....

boni is offline Beta
    Coins
    Fortunately, this one has it, and Ethernet works fine.

Coins
    To be clear, the wifi worked fine with the original firmware the box was delivered with. It lost the wifi when I updated the firmware to the 20130327 version. The two subsequent firmwares have not restored the wifi.
    Thanks for the clarification. By the way, where are you getting the firmware updates from?
    Thanks again.

boni is offline Beta
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by superlink View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. By the way, where are you getting the firmware updates from?
    Thanks again.
    I've been getting updated firmware from the Androidgadget site (AndroidGadget - DroidTV MX).

Coins
    I've been getting updated firmware from the Androidgadget site (AndroidGadget - DroidTV MX).
    Thank-You. Much appreciated. I guess you don't recommend updating right now if I want the wifi to work.

boni is offline Beta
    Coins
    I can only tell you what happened with my unit. I've been unable to roll my firmware back to see if the wifi comes back to life, it does a build date check that I don't know how to get around.

jinks534 is offline Beta
    I received my ATV1200 dual core this week and everything works pretty nice so far. I have been playing several movies on XBMC and no problems at all. The firmware that I use is the one from the XBMC forum (20130326), they test the android box from geniatech there a lot with this firmware, so i thought i shall install that one. But i didn't receive any problems with my Wifi actually, and the sound also works good, but i only used the HDMI not yet the SP-DIF. Will do some more tests and see if everything works fine.