+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Currently Offline Beta

Aigo M80E - JB 4.2.1 - help with rooting (killing cell standby)

Hi -

I've bought Aigo M80E couple of weeks ago in Thailand. Pretty cool device for 100 USD. It runs great, but there is one caveat. Not sure if this is JB 4.2.1 problem, but cell standby is killing my battery. It drains the battery on standby in 12 hours - without touching it. I did some checking and one option would be to remove Telephony provider.apk and Phone.apk - but need to root it.

Is there any way to get the files needed to root this device? Any help will be greatly apprecieated. Thx.

| aigo.co.th

Currently Offline Ice Cream Sandwich ***
    Coins
    Maybe is you can give us some spec about the devise we may be more helpful. It is doubtful that anyone here will be familiar with it. Can you at lease tell us the CPU model?

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi -

the link provided in the bottom of the initial post leads to specs. Here they are for better view.

Currently Offline Founder
    Coins
    The specs does not say what CPU it uses, check your device About info or use a benchamrk app.
    Help fight spam -> How to report spam * Blacklisted Sellers
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Currently Offline Beta
    Hi -

these are the device specs (tried to attach png screenshot, but it looked pretty unreadable on post preview):

CPU HW: Amlogic Meson 6 g11 e8hds board
    CPU Model: Dual-Core ARMv7 Processor
    GPU ARM
    GPU renderer: Mali-400 MP
    Build number: JOP40D.20130121
    Kernel: 3.0.8 bestidear@bestidear #11

Hope this helps.

btw. It is not mandatory for me too root the device, just to resolve the problem that it runs out of power after couple of hours on standby and Battery information shows almost 90% "Cell standby" drained the battery. Not sure if this is wrong reporting or some services really try to find the missing GSM module and drain the battery.

Coins
    Have you checked if there is a newer firmware available from the manufacturer?
    Buy samples > > Teclast P89 mini - iFive mini3 - Z Watch - HiMedia Q5II - MK802IV - Mele M8 - Cloudnetgo CR11/s

Currently Offline Beta
    I was checking on the web but found this model M80E only on Thai site - and I can't read Thai
    Support Center | aigo.co.th

Google translate helps, but it's tough to understand all and read the posts... so any help is appreciated. thx.

Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2003 View Post
    I was checking on the web but found this model M80E only on Thai site - and I can't read Thai
    Support Center | aigo.co.th

Google translate helps, but it's tough to understand all and read the posts... so any help is appreciated. thx.

Aigo is a Chinese brand, maybe you should start looking there:
    *ٰ߹aigo Mp3 Mp4 MP5

Currently Offline Beta Team Member ***
    Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2003 View Post
    Hi -

I've bought Aigo M80E couple of weeks ago in Thailand. Pretty cool device for 100 USD. It runs great, but there is one caveat. Not sure if this is JB 4.2.1 problem, but cell standby is killing my battery. It drains the battery on standby in 12 hours - without touching it. I did some checking and one option would be to remove Telephony provider.apk and Phone.apk - but need to root it.

Is there any way to get the files needed to root this device? Any help will be greatly apprecieated. Thx.

| aigo.co.th
    How much time do you get out of this tablet with regular emailing/browsing?
    Currently using FNF iFive Mini 3 ,Ramos W30, Dell Venue 8, Asus Memo Hd7
    Some that I have owned/used/tested Bmorn v99, Ainol Novo 9 Spark (Retina screen)Ainol Novo Basic, Ainol Novo Advanced, Ainol Novo Hero, Ramos w30, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, MeLe M8,uHost 1A, MK808, Samsung Galaxy Note. http://mcandroidexpert.com

Toronto based store: http://mcandroidworld.com/

Currently Offline Beta
    hi,

i have an aigoPad M80E and faced the same issue with the "Cell Standby" power draining issue. The 4000 mAh battery will last around 4 hours under active usage and 12 hours in standby. Regardless of active or standby, the "Cell Standby" is always running.

The previous version M80D with ICS 4.0.4 has a 15 days standby. So I guess this is a software issue.

Cheers,